Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heater won't blow. Resistor is not in standard location shown by all tutorials / forums!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Heater won't blow. Resistor is not in standard location shown by all tutorials / forums!!

Hi everyone,

Its winter and it's cold AF and my girlfriend's 06 Corsa D decides it's had enough. The fan stops working mid journey - cue a foggy and angry journey home.

Obviously it's fallen to me to fix it - yay. So I did what every sane person does and googled the hell out of it finding the most obvious faults.

It's not the fuse
    It's not loose wiring
    So it must be the resistor - that's what everyone says. I checked the tutorials online of people doing it and got down in that glovebox to find it. "It should be in this white plastic bit bolted in with one bolt and should come out and looks like this etc etc"

Like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resistor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	111687

Problem is....mine doesn't have that. It's got the white plastic bit...and it's just blank white plastic with no whole or wires or anything? Where on earth is my resistor?

I can only think that because hers is literally on the cusp of the C-D change that they changed the D wiring / resistor placement in the later models and it's all changed.

Anyone come across this please!? It's driving me mental

You should have two orange wires going to the motor .and four wires going to the resistor. Put your hand on the wires and follow them back to the resistor. What happens sometimes is the screw holding the resistor in just go's round and round and won't stay up in slot, so people just wedge them up or tape them to the body.
    I've just done one on a corsa d and there's only to set of wires behind the glove box.

Comment

You are not the first to find the resistor is not where its expected to be. There was a post back in 2016,and may be others. That ended with similar advice,trace the wires from the motor . If you do find it ,whether it be in a different location from new , or just tucked away by a previous owner, it would help if you can update the thread.

Comment

did you find the resister iam having trouble locating mine on a 54 plate corsa edge

Comment

I've taken a photo of where it is ,but don't know how to show photos.
          Anybody know how cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
            I've taken a photo of where it is ,but don't know how to show photos.
            Anybody know how cheers.
            How are you accessing the site? If it's using a PC/laptop you need to click the picture icon above the reply box.
            TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Ok that's probably why I normally use my phone, will try on the lap top later cheers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	corsa resistor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	110680
                Originally posted by jt999 View Post
                How are you accessing the site? If it's using a PC/laptop you need to click the picture icon above the reply box.
                Thanks for the help for uploading photo.
                heres where the heater resistor is located on a corsa C

Comment

Working...
                X