Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Corsa C central locking issues

Hi Guys and Gals,

My daughters boyfriend has a Corsa C 05 reg 1.2, the central locking does not work from the key fob, so I have tried the obvious and changed the battery to no avail, checked the chip is in the key and done the syn test, when I do the syn test, i.e the key in the ignition turn to the II position and press a button the locking works, however when I remove the key and try it nothing happens.
    Currently having to unlock and lock the car the old fashioned way, key in the barrel and turn it, which unlocks and locks all the doors and boot.
    So is it the pcb board on the key fob? A relay? or something else?
    Any help or advice is much appreciated.

I assume by syn test you mean the synchronisation procedure - turn the key to position 2, then operate the key fob so that the doors lock and unlock - then turn off.

If that isn't working it's likely that the key need programming which you'd need diagnostic kit to do. Opcom can do it, or a Vauxhall dealership of course - if you have the security code card.

The immobiliser programming is separate from the sync between the key and the body control module.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks for the response, yes I have done the synchronisation procedure and the key fob operates the central locking at this stage, however when I remove the key from the ignition and try the fob nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
      X