car swings no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] car swings no spark

hi...ive changed coil and crank sensor fuel pump and all relays car wont start...two light ons dash also off namely oil and the car with the spanner...and diagnostics not picking up any faults

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Battery fully charged and providing adequae cranking?

Comment

yes...

Comment

You could at least make some effort by saying what engine / year.

Also - 'two lights on dash also off' - not a clue what that means?

Any sign of the eml flashing on cranking?

You say no spark - are the plugs wet after cranking, is there pressure at the fuel rail before and after cranking, how did you test for sparks?
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

opel corsa c 2003 model...the two lights on the dash thats not coming on at all is the oil and the car with spanner light...eml...is this the car with tool light...no...this doeant come on at all....not sure about the plugs being wet will check and let u know...when switching ignition on...you can hear the fuel pump coming on...ive put a new coil and crank sensor and fuel pump...still no change....ive placed on diagnostix and its not picking up a fault....someone suggezted that my ecu is faulty and a ecu repairer advised that these cars ecu cant be fixed...

Comment

Hmm - I understand now what you mean by lights being off. I've heard of them doing this before - the early Corsa C had an issue with the ECU earth. Try adding another earth wire between the ECU and the bodywork.

The symptoms I've come across before are no eml showing on ignition, no spark, no fault codes. Sounds similar to your issue.

The other classic Corsa C issue from that period is that the instrument cluster connection comes loose which can lead to a none starter, sometimes a good press on the panel will reconnect it temporarily. Worth mentioning just in case.
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

tx...will follow ur advise ...will let u know

Comment

Please can you use full words? I know it's easy to be used to 'text talk' but it's against the rules here as it makes it harder for us to read and for people to search the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have connected another earth from ecu to the body...still no eml light coming on dash...also checked the instrument cluster and all pugs are fine .The Plugs are not getting wet when when cranking ignition...any other idea what it could be

Comment

If the plugs aren't getting wet then it sounds like the fuel pump isn't running or the injectors aren't firing. Did you do the check re. pressure at the rail with the ignition on but before cranking, then again after cranking?

Again - how did you check for sparks?

If you've no fuel and no sparks then an ecu failure sounds likely. Cheapest fix is to get a replacement unit, but make sure you get the corresponding key chips and transponder for ignition switch.

Comment

so i had the ecu replaced with a second hand one and acorxing to the auto electrician it was good to go...yesterday i collected the car and it was driving fine....this morning i drove fine until the car just cut out on the road wouldnt restart...spanner with car light stays on when i crank it...not flashing at all...no spark again...fuel pump comes on and the clicking sound that sounds like the central locking system comes on but car just wont fire over...and my obd2 reader says ecu not connected...this after paying R6200 to have a second hand ecu fitted what could the fault be now

Comment

Working...
                      X