No announcement yet.

Replacing CD30 With Double Din Stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Replacing CD30 With Double Din Stereo?

Hi, my friend has a Corsa C 55 plate 2005/6 model I think and it has a CD30 stereo in it. I want to buy them a new bluetooth stereo for their birthday and wondered if a double din would fit in ok and what parts I would need. I have had a look at Halfords but when I check if any of the stereos will fit the car, the website always says that I would have to take the car to Halfords for them to check if it would fit. It seems most single din units will fit but if possible I would like to get a double din unit. I have also checked on eBay and most models are either 2004 or 2006 so I am not sure if they will fit.

Also is it a relatively easy process to fit it yourself if you have all the parts or would you recommend getting a garage or Halfords to do it?

Thanks for any help.

You'll be needing a double din fitting kit which includes everything needed to fit the double din stereo.
    They're a doddle to fit.
    Something like this: Look at this on eBay VAUXHALL CORSA C DOUBLE DIN STEREO FITTING KIT BLACK | eBay
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I just looked at the link you provided and it says it won't fit a CD30 unit. I think that kit is for cars up to 2004. I was watching this video and there's a part where he is fitting the electrics to the cigarette lighter. I think this is something I am unfamiliar with and perhaps best left to a professional.

I think maybe the way to go would be to buy a single din unit and fitting kit and then get a garage or Halfords to fit it.

Comment

This one looks like it'll fit the 2005 model but I can't be 100% sure the listing is correct:

CONNECTS2 CORSA C DOUBLE DIN STEREO FACIA KIT SILVER CT23VX10 | eBay

To be honest if you're unsure and are going to use Halfords anyway I'd suggest going and asking them, it shouldn't take them long to answer the question!

Comment

Yeah I think you're right. I'll go to Halfords and see what they say.Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X