Signal lights not flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] Signal lights not flashing

Take it back - you paid them to fix it so if they've buggered it up it's their responsibility.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Take it back if they havnt fixed it properly.
      But from what you say they only worked on a tail (and or headlight?) bulbs and washer pump. Not the indicators. It may be difficult to prove that working on any of these could have affected the indicators. They will probably also point out that the MOT test only shows the indicators were working at the time of the test. Things can go wrong as soon as you leave, especially electrical things that might have an intermittent fault, or be affected by that pouring rain. But take it back anyway. Maybe they did disturb something, ormay repair it free of charge as a goodwill gesture rather than get into a dispute.

Sorry to say it but your experience also highlights the value of doing your own pre checks before the test. It doesnt take any mechanical knowledge to check some things, such as lights,washers, horn,wipers etc are all working, wiper blades and tyres are in good condition, etc. Garage labour costs soon add up, and some things you can fix yourself, or get fixed cheaper elsewhere if you are not held over a barrel by an mot failure.

Problems with the washers can sometimes be due to a clogged filter in the washer bottle. But clearing a filter still costs labour, and garages often prefer to replace parts rather than spend a longer time trying to unclog it or repair it. What exactly did they do to washer pump? The problem might just have been frozen pipes. (a bit harsh failing it on that but maybe a requirement) But if they have charged you labour for a 'repair' that just consisted of warming the car up I would say you have cause for complaint.
      Last edited by Bugman; 21-01-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
        Take it back - you paid them to fix it so if they've buggered it up it's their responsibility.

Comment

I'm a bit confused if you're talking about indicators or side lights. On the Corsa B, latest ones are 2000, the indicator relay is number 2 (second from left on the top row)
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
            I'm a bit confused if you're talking about indicators or side lights. On the Corsa B, latest ones are 2000, the indicator relay is number 2 (second from left on the top row)

Comment

When I gave him the car to check...........all 4 signal lights are coming on when hazard button is on(no flashing) . Right x2 and left x2 on.... when signal switch is pushed to right and left respectively. Now none of the lights are on even pressing the hazard button on or turning signal switch on......
              I am not sure, whether he has done anything on revenge.

I located the relay.............GM 90 055 543 they are signs of opening on the casing.

Any suggestions

Kind regards,
              Vas

Comment

When I gave him the car to check...........all 4 signal lights are coming on when hazard button is on(no flashing) . Right x2 and left x2 on.... when signal switch is pushed to right and left respectively. Now none of the lights are on even pressing the hazard button on or turning signal switch on......
                I am not sure, whether he has done anything on revenge.

I located the relay.............GM 90 055 543 they are signs of opening on the casing.

Kindly suggest whether GM 90 055 543 is the correct one? Does this operate both right & left indicators and hazard lights?

Any suggestions

Kind regards,
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	110626Click image for larger version

Name:	2a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	110627

Last edited by PBS6VAS; 21-01-2017, 05:25 PM. Reason: errors

Comment

Pop down to your nearest parts dept and get a replacement relay. How and why it has been opened is impossible to say.

You clearly can't have much confidence in this guy. Ask around and see if there a good local workshop you can trust. Use them regularly and then you'll have a good relationship with them,

Comment

Working...
                  X