No announcement yet.

Alrm questions - issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Alrm questions - issues.

Hi

I've just bought a 2000 Corsa B CDX. As such it is a model with an alarm.

There seems to be an issue. When the door is locked the LED in the hazard flashes for 10 seconds. WHich apparently, according to my Haynes manual, means there is a fault (my eBay purchased Owners manual hasn't arrived yet, so all I've got is the HAynes manual)

Occasionally, when the drivers door is unlocked the alarm sounds.

There is a switch near the inside light, which reading elsewhere, this is for activating and deactivating the interior sensor (so dors/children etc left in the car don't set the alarm off) but I have no idea if it is currently on or off, pressing it for a few seconds results in 21 flashes from the hazard LED. No indication as to what is on or off.

As it is the front drivers door that is setting the alarm off, is the issue likely to be the micros switch in that door - I can see if this isn't telling the car that the door is open, then the motion sensor may trigger the alarm.

Finally, anyway of deactivating the alarm totally?

Many thanks.

Eserim

OK, more info. when the alarm goes off, it is when unlocking the doors on the drivers side doesn't deactivate the alarm

The central locking unlocks fine - so surely the microswitch is OK?

Any thoughts people?

Comment

OK - no thoughts anyone?

How about this then? How do I stop the alarm arming in the first place?

My assumption is there is some sort of connection made in the central locking control unit to an alarm. Or is the Central Locking control unit the alarm control as well?

Edit - I've found somewhere "selling" an alarm ECU http://www.tav-autoverwertung.de/shop/Alarm-control-unit-GM-90-483-753-LX-06-23-183-62-37-395-Opel-Astra-Corsa-Tigra No all I need to know is where this thing is and unplug the wretched thing.
      Last edited by Eserim; 24-09-2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Sorry.We havnt ignored you . Personally I think car alarms are more trouble than they are worth, especially if its causing electrical gremlins. But removing a fully integrated one is usually more than just snipping a few wires, and a tutorial on how to do it borders on being a guide for car thieves. You might need an auto electrician (or retired car thief)

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
          Sorry.We havnt ignored you . Personally I think car alarms are more trouble than they are worth, especially if its causing electrical gremlins. But removing a fully integrated one is usually more than just snipping a few wires, and a tutorial on how to do it borders on being a guide for car thieves. You might need an auto electrician (or retired car thief)
          No problems - the Alarm was only on a few vehicles, and I guess these higher end ones did get thrashed a bit (for my 2000 1.4 CDX only 114 left on the road if I'm reading HowManyLeft right)

Anyway, I took both trim panels - behind the drivers side panel (this is UK model) is the main engine ECU

On the passenger side are two boxes with loads of wired. I'm assuming the central locking and alarm, but who know. Photos. I had hoped that the little extra connector behind the aerial lead, as it seemed stuck on, may have been the input for the alarm, but alas not.

Anyway, I may pop in to a dealership and ask them a question about total removal, see if they flinch or give me a silly price.

Cheers

Eserim

Comment

Working...
          X