Abs warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Abs warning light

Hi- pls help- corsa c 1,6 sedan 2006 model- lately ABS warning light come on and goes- started by, shaking braking pedal a bit when applying brakes then the the ABS light will come on and goes after sometime or when i switch engine off then on- but i also noticed that my rear righthand drum is wet looks like is been oozing out brake fluid- could that be the culprit? Or what els could be a problem?

Stressed
    Muzy (South Africa)

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean - but if there is a sign of fluid on the rear drum then look for a leaking piston. The brake pedal pulsing may be related to that but probably not. A drum may be out of true or a disc warped. Only way to tell is to visually inspect. The ABS light coming on and off - it isn't clear when this is happening but the first thing to check is the wiring on the ABS sensors and the ABS rotors. If they are corroded or dirty you can get faults showing and it can affect the braking.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks Taurus will check it out - will let yu know the outcome
      Thanks

Comment

Hi Taurus- replaced a leaking brake cylinder but still getting pulse for few seconds when first applying brake once, after taking off, then ABS light comes on and stay until car is switched off

Comment

Working...
        X