Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio

Just got the wife a lovely little Corsa 16v 1400 auto,buttttttt the naffin radio don't work ,code required ,I know should have looked at it did not think, it's a CDR 2005 VDO.Can any nice,lovely person help me please,help!Pops,,,

Welcome to the Forum.
    You don't say what year the car is, most don't use a radio code as such - But if the radio is transferred into another car, it simply won't work, making it not worth pinching.
    Have you checked the fuse and power to the radio, also that it has a good earth connection?

Regards

Comment

Corsa 2003 ,radio CDR 2005-VDO on safe mode,,,,,need a code. 2003 reg
      Last edited by Gizzy; 04-06-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Have you taken the radio out ? Its not uncommon to find someone has written the code on the unit. From a quick google search there are sites on line that claim they can work out the code from make and serial number. Most charge a fee but there is at least one,based in Lithuania, that claims the service is free. 'Free lunches' always make me cautious so I havnt done a link ,but its easy enough to find.

Comment

Comment

Ah. I now see the problem. Typical really. Vehicle specific radios are at less risk of theft. So why make it harder and more expensive to get a code? Captive market, nice little earner that goes on giving !!

Comment

Did it not come with a security pass?
              Normally people tuck them in with the service book etc, its about the size of a credit card and has things like key number, immobiliser code and radio code printed on it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just put a new stereo in...a better one with better features
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
                X