Vivaro Op-com code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Non Corsa] Vivaro Op-com code help

It's been a long time since I've needed help but I appear to have bought a bit of a lemon. My Vivaro is proper sluggish, frequently doesn't rev past 2800 revs, and keeps chucking out fault lights.
    I've bought Op-Com and cleared a big list of codes, gone out for a drive and it's thrown up three fresh ones. Problem is there's no description with them.
    They are:
    P0304 - Present
    P0202 - Not Present
    P0500 - Not Present

Can anyone help please?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

P0304 - misfire cylinder 4 - could be a number of things but in that I'd suspect valve issues.
    P0202 - the wiring to no.2 injector is registering a fault. Could be the wiring or the injector itself. If you've got a multimeter you can check the resistance across the injector and the voltage it is receiving - should be 10v. This might help
    P0500 - speed sensor signal missing. That will throw it into limp mode which is why it's not revving past 2800. Could be as simple as a loose connection or a broken wire - particularly near the hub.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

More than likely injectors water drains off scuttle and sits around injector seizing them into the head big thing on watchdog a few years ago

Comment

The original list of codes included P0200, P0202, and P0204 all of which I gather are each injector. I'm wondering if there could be some sort of electrical fault somewhere.
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I did read about the watchdog issue. It states Vauxhall will replace them on vehicles up to 7 years old, which includes this one, but would I be correct in presuming that's only if you're the original owner?

Comment

Not sure where you would stand with that can imagine it's on service history can't recall us doing any primastars foc after watchdog

Comment

I think it's safe to see I've worked out the root cause of the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160430_185652.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	110594

Comment

Can find you resistance check across injectors and possibly injector to ecu for continuity will be Tuesday though as don't have access to manuals at home Renault wireing diagrams are terrible

In experience all will be gone but won't be apparent in till you replace a single and eml is back on with a few weeks

Comment

Comment

Usually only with temperature it will fluctuate did you test direct to injector or at the rear of the loom connector as could also be high resistance there will try and have a look at manual tonight as have access to a computer then

Comment

Tested direct on the injector Craig. I've had it fluctuate when testing resistors at work etc, and when the connection is crap, but I made sure the connections were secure.
                      I ideally need to work out how to take all the surrounding crap off the gain proper access, or to test from the ecu once I find out how to.

Comment

Pmd you lee

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X