Ecu no power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Ecu no power?

As some of you know I fitted a 1.8 engine to my Corsa c.

It's all in and plumbed in, swapped speedo transponder chip etc.

The speedo isn't showing the EML light with ignition lights, or the other light with a spanner on it.
    So to me this says the Ecu isn't getting power? I cranked the engine just to eliminate possible faulty bulbs, but the rail isn't getting any fuel to it, so I'm a bit stumped.
    Any ideas?

Have checked the big fuse 46 too
    Last edited by Vegas; 18-03-2016, 01:11 AM.

It's worth noting this too.

I have an extra plug on the engine loom: it doesn't have a home, and few others with the same engine don't have this plug, so I'm thinking engine loom may be off an Astra? Not sure if this is my cause.

]"]Photobucket

Comment

I've since also found this, on the engine loom plug.

]"]Photobucket
      ]"]Photobucket

Note different colour wires joined?

Car is also keeping interior fans running and rear window switch on, even after keys are removed. Stereo etc all
      Goes off as normal though. If black is ignition live, and black has been swapped to a brown/white this could be issue?

Comment

Have you put an ampmeter on the ECU?

Comment

Nope, me an electrics don't go. I don't even know what in doing with a meter. Stuck a fat earth strap from Ecu direct to battery today and made no difference

Comment

Unfortunately my Astra manuals don't provide the ECU wiring diagrams. Which 1.8 is it and what did it come out of?
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

It's the z18xe engine, and Coke from a Corsa c apparently

Comment

Bump

Comment

Regrettably I've drawn a blank on the ECU wiring - time to learn how to use the old multimeter and find out what's going on.
                  1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I've defeated the Taurus :0

Comment

Don't want to sound like a nutty but perhaps ask AJ for some advice? Been reading through your old thread and seems he knows a bit of electrical, if the problem hasn't been sorted yet.

Comment

Thanks pat, I have spoken to him actually. We was on FaceTime for an hour or so before my phone battery died. Tested some thing, and all my wiring is correct. He looked at a pin out for an Ecu but loom
                        Wites to it, we're not matching mine which was strange.

I'm being send a full engine loom and fuse box loom from a running car tomorrow. So I'll get those fitted to remove the chance of a faulty loom. I believe the problem
                        Lies with dodgy loom or Ecu. It's a VERY straight forward conversion, which is just plug and play with every single plug.

Comment

That makes sense - I'm assuming the loom you've been given is bodged in some way. I suspect it could be put back right again if you start checking with a multimeter but if you can get hold of a known good loom that ought to sort it.

Comment

I'm hoping so, it's not very fun removing looms. So many plugs

Got mine removed today, should have new one fitted tomorrow. Back to work
                            On Thursday

Comment

Found this inside engine loom..

]"]Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X