Slow rev return especially when changing gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Slow rev return especially when changing gears

Hi everyone- i got a minor problem with my corsa c 2006 1.6 sedan 2006 model manual- rev is very slow to drop especially when changing gears especially- from 1st to 2nd is even worse- my trottle body and is cleaned so are the sensors- Does anybody know another culprit for this problem

Yo help always make a difference
    Dennis- South Africa

If it's not throttle body related then other possibilities are a fault with the throttle control fly by wire, throttle position sensor, an air leak, a clutch disengagement issue (though you'd probably know about that via the crunching sound as you try to go down the gears!)
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I know very little about modern control by wire electronically controlled systems. In the 'old days' the problem could have been caused by a missing or weak return spring, or wear or stiffness preventing simple mechanical controls ' snapping' back.

If modern systems do still involve any mechanical movement of control arms, flaps,throttle pedal etc it might be worth checking its running smoothly, has its proper returns springs etc. For instance the pivot bearing on throttle pedals are often nylon. It could be mangled,stiff or obstructed . A Haynes manual would help here.But bear in mind your car was assembled locally and your engine may be from an astra.
      Last edited by Bugman; 26-02-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks will check it out- im also thinking my accelerater cable is the culprit- it feels very stiff sometimes- will buy one from GM and see- thanks for your input

Comment

That could do it.
          I heard just this morning that the latest Mad Max film was made in Namibia and they had major problems with dust and sand clogging stuff. A typical days drive down your way ,no doubt.

Comment

Thanks Bugman

Comment

2006 - shouldn't have an accelerator cable. At least the UK spec ones don't. It's all fly by wire.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Could just be a slow revving engine...
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Thanks Michael- will check it out- thanks a mill

Comment

If it is as a UK model without an accelerator cable (i.e. fly by wire) and the pedal feels 'stiff', then you probably need a new pedal unit.
                    Quick check: If there isn't an accelerator cable visible at the throttle body (TB), then it IS fly by wire, which simply means that the connection between the pedal and TB is an electrical connection.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X