• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Odometer bulb corsa 2005 1.2 twinport

New here and 1st post
    Just got a 2005 1.2 Corsa Twinport

Odometer bulb is out

How do I know if mine is a Corsa C?
    Looking at various threads people say to try the dimmer and shine torch in to see if you can see numbers
    Did that just need the bulb changed but not sure on which one it is or what type of bulb

Anyone have a link as some people mention it can get hot and burn the small screen if wrong type

Like to do these colors if possible , if anyone can tell me

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vectra C-01-01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	111630

Welcome to the Forum.

I may be that people are telling you to 'try the dimmer', because, with the brightness turned right down, it can be difficult to see if the lights are actually on in daylight, but if you still can't see the lights with the brightness turned fully up, then you have a problem elsewhere.
    The Wattage of the bulbs should be no more than 2 Watts - as you say, larger ones may overheat the panel, but they could also overload the dimmer control.

The bulbs are not too difficult to get at - if you can get hold of a Haynes manual for your model, it shows you exactly how to set about it - Do NOT remove the steering wheel, you only need to take off the panels each side of the column.
    If you have a multimeter, it is worth checking for power going into and coming out of the dimmer switch before you check the bulbs.

Regards

Comment

Yours is a Corsa C by the way
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Originally posted by ewokie View Post
        New here and 1st post
        Just got a 2005 1.2 Corsa Twinport

Odometer bulb is out

How do I know if mine is a Corsa C?
        Looking at various threads people say to try the dimmer and shine torch in to see if you can see numbers
        Did that just need the bulb changed but not sure on which one it is or what type of bulb

Anyone have a link as some people mention it can get hot and burn the small screen if wrong type

Like to do these colors if possible , if anyone can tell me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2332[/ATTACH]
        I have the same problem on my Corsa as well ,can't see the numbers .

Comment

Working...
        X