• [Corsa B 1993-2000] boot light wont work corsa b

Hi hope you can help boot light won't come on
    Ive changed bulb for new one
    Changed switch on boot lid for new one
    Double red wires and brown and white wire + connectors seem fine
    Cabin light works I think they run off the same fuse
    So im stumped
    Any help most appricated ...

Have you used a multimeter to check the switch and bulb holder are actually receiving live voltage? And used its continuity function to check the bulb holder is properly earthed to the car body? (take the bulb out when you do this) .Are the terminals in the holder making clean and proper contact with the bulb.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will get hold of a multi metre,
      And try your advise i let you know the outcome .....

Comment

Hi bugman,when I checked with metre voltage reading 1.0
        Continunty on bulb holder reading 0.02 without bulb in ,
        Im none the wiser mate lol does it tell you anything thanks again

Comment

I am not an auto electrician. I am assuming you did the continuity from the grounded (earth wire) side of the bulb holder to a point on the car body. 0.00 is perfect. 0.02 sounds ok to me too, probably just a tiny bit of resistance due to the paint or your probe contact.
          Its the reading of 1 for the voltage check that doesnt seem right. On a corsa B I would have thought it should be battery voltage,normally just over 12volts, or just over 14 with the engine running. Did you test with one probe on the incoming live feed and the other to a good earth on the car body. Dont just rely on one attempt .You may not be getting a good contact. Something shiny ,such as a lock catch ,often work well.
          Also check you have the dc voltage on the meter set on the right range. On mine the 20 volt range gives volts to 2 decimal places, the 200 range to one decimal place, 1000 range gives no decimal.If your meter covers even higher voltages than this it might only be able to register 12 volts as 1
          If you really are only getting one volt its beyond my knowledge. sorry
          Last edited by Bugman; 09-02-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

If you really are only getting 1 Volt at the bulb holder, then that is certainly the problem.
            Try checking the voltage again, but this time, with the bulb removed - If you now get something more like battery voltage, then there is some high resistance in the feed, generally, this is caused by poor or dirty connections, so try checking and cleaning.

If you do get 'better' results with the bulb removed, it is because the bulb filament is putting a load on the wiring, to the point of 'swamping' the supply.

Regards

Regards

Comment

Thanks all I will go back out tommrow with metre and re check as above
              Thanks for your time lads ...

Comment

Working...
              X