earth connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] earth connections

Hi , can someone tell me where i can connect the earth coming from a dashcam on a corsa 59
    near interior passenger side fuses , was hoping they were on front passenger side near the door,
    but no luck

The shell of most vehicles is grounded, get a ring crimp on the cable, and bolt it to the chassis somewhere. You can use an existing bolt, just make sure you're screwing to bare metal, not paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      The shell of most vehicles is grounded, get a ring crimp on the cable, and bolt it to the chassis somewhere. You can use an existing bolt, just make sure you're screwing to bare metal, not paint.
      thanks for that ,do you think the front seat bolt would do
      Last edited by crooner; 03-02-2016, 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Where's the camera mounted?
        Anything metal will do, seat mount seems like a lot of un-necessary work. And with an airbag in the seat, I'd be inclined to avoid dicking about with it if you don't know why you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          Where's the camera mounted?
          Anything metal will do, seat mount seems like a lot of un-necessary work. And with an airbag in the seat, I'd be inclined to avoid dicking about with it if you don't know why you're doing.
          thanks again danny ,i'll have a look at earthing at the engine side,
          it's getting the wire from under the bonnet to interior maybe not to much trouble

Comment

If you have already delved under the dash for a hard wiring kit there is bound to be somewhere suitable,even if you need to extent the wire a bit. The bolt need not be big.If you really cant find anywhere suitable drill a small hole in a side inner body panel and use your own nut bolt and toothed star washer. Chose somewhere where you will be able to see the drill bit emerge safely on the other side,such as a flange edge.
            Finding a route into the engine bay will probably be just as much work. Slipping the wire through an existing loom bundle grommet is probably the best way.
            Last edited by Bugman; 04-02-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

update , i ended up putting a nut & bolt in a factory pre drilled hole in the side boot compartment & running that to the front dash , sorted ,cheers guys

Comment

Working...
              X