Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Engine management light - unknown fault code

Hello,

I've got an issue with the engine management light on my 2008 Corsa 1.2.

Last week I bought a new USB phone charger which I now believe to be faulty. However, at the time I didn't know that and plugged it into my cigarette lighter. A few minutes later, the engine management light came on.

I have done the pedal test and the fault code is 5534. However, after looking on various forums I'm unable to identify what this code refers to.

If I disconnect my battery, the light goes off but comes back on a few days later.

Can anyone shed any light on what the potential problem might be? Apart from the EML being illuminated, the car seems to be running perfectly.

Thanks,
    David

No idea what the code is but disconnecting the battery will make no difference, the code will be stored on the ECU. Best bet is to use a code reader to clear all codes, it'll probably flush it out of the system and it won't reappear. If the faulty charger caused the code that's what I'd expect anyway. I had something similar with a mobile device that triggered an airbag code a while back. Cleared the ECU memory and it was all good again.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
    X