Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

correct heating resistor? cant fix heatign til i know please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Non Corsa] correct heating resistor? cant fix heatign til i know please help?

Please let me know I have this one some one said its not with AC how can I tell? thankx

SmartSense Heater/Blower Motor Fan Resistor for Vaxhall/Opel Corsa D/Van/Adam 1… | eBay

Regardless of it being suitable for air con, you need to be a bit careful about buying non-genuine resistors for your heater motor.
    Vauxhall are claiming that the cars that have gone up in flames were fitted with aftermarket resistors - Till this has been proved one way or another, the safe option is to buy a genuine Vauxhall one.

Regards

Comment

Ok thanks will do that then, also wish to know I disconnected the old resistor and got it out then connected wiring to new resistor and heating still doesn't work, does this mean it isn't resistor or wouldn't work any ways as its not the rite one? I thought it would work for heating but AC wouldn't work?

Comment

If you set the heater control to full speed and it still doesn't work, the fault is somewhere other than the resistor pack.

Suggest that you check the fuse to start with (if you let us know what model/year your car is, we will be able to tell you which fuse number applies) - After that, it is a case of multimeter and test light to find out where the problem is.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X