Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Do I need 12v ignition live wire for after market CD

Hi all,

I own a Corsa D 2008 1.2 with CD30 stock car stereo.

I found a lot of guides about how to replace the original Corsa D CD30 player with an after market one but all of them mention that I need to get a live 12V wire from the cigarette lighter but I can see that there is a 12V wire pin in the original CD wiring diagram (Check below image) so why not use that ? why do I need an external source for 12V ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151225_115657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	111626

Welcome to the Forum.
    The original idea of having a 12 v supply via the ignition switch, was to power any automatically extending aerial that might be fitted.
    If you are using the standard 'bee-sting' aerial, you may well get away without the 'extra' 12 v supply.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
      Welcome to the Forum.
      The original idea of having a 12 v supply via the ignition switch, was to power any automatically extending aerial that might be fitted.
      If you are using the standard 'bee-sting' aerial, you may well get away without the 'extra' 12 v supply.

Regards
      I am not really sure type of aerial this one has: (this is what I wanted to fit)

Kenwood DPX-306BT Double-Din Car Stereo with Built-In: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I removed the CD player and in the 12V pin there is a yellow-red cable which according to this image it means 12V with ignition

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	110578

I understand that like that it only gets power when the ignition is on right ? But what's the downside ? does the CD loses configuration this way ?

And if for this way of fitting is there a harness that I can buy or all harness sets have the red 12v live wire configuration ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

It was the car's own aerial that I was thinking of, so if you are keeping the standard 'bee-sting' (the rubbery one at the rear of the car) then you don't need a connection where it says 'power antenna'.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X