Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car won't start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Corsa C 2000-2006] Car won't start

    I have just bought an 05 1.2 sxi corsa c , it was running perfectly, whilst driving the dash went crazy, abs and spanner light swapping between and battery light on, when spanner light came on the rev counter and speedo went fine until it went out and abs light came on it went crazy, stopped and switched car off, now it wont start, i have removed instrument cluster to check plug and all ok, cleaned every earth i could find including ecu, also opcom has P1615 and P1616 CAN issues, has anyone experienced this? any help would be great asi bought the car for my nephew's xmas present

    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    I'm not of much use but have given a better title to the thread for you to get more attention.

    I'll also ask something I imagine the more technical people will ask - what happens when you try to start? Do you hear it trying to start or is it just dead?
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

    I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jt999 View Post
      I'm not of much use but have given a better title to the thread for you to get more attention.

      I'll also ask something I imagine the more technical people will ask - what happens when you try to start? Do you hear it trying to start or is it just dead?
      Sorry forgot to say it runs for 2 seconds then cuts out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nine times out of ten this is down to the multiplug connection behind the clocks - I know you say you've looked but it's worth making sure that connection is good and solid. The next usual issue with them is water ingress into the ECU or the loom - been a lot of rain recently so check the ECU hasn't got wet. Damage to the loom can also cause similar issues which means careful inspection, not easy but it has to be done if all else checks out.

        If you bought it from a dealer take it back.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Taurus View Post
          Nine times out of ten this is down to the multiplug connection behind the clocks - I know you say you've looked but it's worth making sure that connection is good and solid. The next usual issue with them is water ingress into the ECU or the loom - been a lot of rain recently so check the ECU hasn't got wet. Damage to the loom can also cause similar issues which means careful inspection, not easy but it has to be done if all else checks out.

          If you bought it from a dealer take it back.
          Im in the process of checking all the can bus wires which seem fine between the fuse boxes to abs unit, the multi plug behind dash has a good solid connection, the car had water ingress which has been taken care of by myself, i replaced the airbag module as it was soaking wet, so probablt best getting into the wiring from there next.

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mtc View Post
            Im in the process of checking all the can bus wires which seem fine between the fuse boxes to abs unit, the multi plug behind dash has a good solid connection, the car had water ingress which has been taken care of by myself, i replaced the airbag module as it was soaking wet, so probablt best getting into the wiring from there next.

            Thanks
            Sorted ! broken canbus wire found in loom

            Comment


            • #7
              Well done that man!
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

              Comment

              Working...
              X