heated rear screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] heated rear screen

Hi, the switch for the heated rear screen does not light up when I pull it to turn it on, how can I change the bulb ? regards. Colin...

It's a fiddly job but not difficult. Do you have the Haynes manual (save writing the whole process out here) in which it describes how to remove the centre console. The bulb for the heated rear screen is located in the section behind the front panel.

I did write a tutorial how to do this but I think the photo host I used closed down and it seems to have disappeared.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
      It's a fiddly job but not difficult. Do you have the Haynes manual (save writing the whole process out here) in which it describes how to remove the centre console. The bulb for the heated rear screen is located in the section behind the front panel.

I did write a tutorial how to do this but I think the photo host I used closed down and it seems to have disappeared.
      Many thanks for your reply, I've just discovered none of the heater control lights work, so it looks like the panel has to come off. I don't have a Haynes manual, maybe someone on here could scan the relevant section and post it up or email/pm me the details. much appreciated...Colin..

Comment

Buy one; will pay for itself over time. I don't know anybody that even still owns a scanner these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
          Buy one; will pay for itself over time. I don't know anybody that even still owns a scanner these days.
          Just bought one on ebay, hope to have it soon then I can get stuck in..

Comment

Just replaced the bulbs in the heater control panel, but the rear screen heater switch does not light up when its turned on. The rear screen heater works just fine but the switch itself does not light up, and I could not see a way of replacing the bulb in the switch. Can this be done ?

Comment

Yes - use a screwdriver to remove the front of the knob, then pliers to unclip the switch assembly and pull it out - you can then get at the bulb.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
                Yes - use a screwdriver to remove the front of the knob, then pliers to unclip the switch assembly and pull it out - you can then get at the bulb.
                I can get the knob off by inserting a small screwdriver, but Unfortunately the whole panel has to come off again to get the switch out, I don't want to do this if I can avoid it because it was a tw*t of a job. The book shows how to use pliers to unclip it but with mine I only have a small elongated hole and one clip is obscured, do you know if it is possible to "dig" the bulb out once the knob is off ?

Comment

I used a set of long nosed bent pliers last time I did one of those. You can try digging the bulb out if you can't get the swtich out - the worst that can happen is you break it and then you've got to take the switch out anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X