No announcement yet.

ECU full of liquid & cut out issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] ECU full of liquid & cut out issue.

Hi Guys, just need some help if possible as I'm having a mare!

just got a Combo Van & has a cut out issues that we researched and seemed to be the EDU & a common fault. When a friend & I set about swapping it out we took off the ECU thinking it was the EDU but just a different version. The plan was to take the back off and Check to see if there was any soldering he could do to sort it. But it was full of what was almost like linseed oil. He said it should of been a silicon type gel over the circuit board.

Anyway we found where the EDU was & swapped that but by opening the back of the ECU it seems to of disturbed that and now it starts & cuts off dead within 5 seconds or so. So I need to replace the ECU as well. It's only a 03 plate so just a eBay jobbie!

so......

1 is it meant to be liquid inside?
    2 do I need all the barrel etc when swapping the ECU?

thanks for any help you can provide.

Claire.

Sounds to me like it's cutting out due to the immobiliser.

Do you have a ligh flashing on the speedo when starting it

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post

No lights, it was working for a few hours before we took the ECU apart. It's only since then it died within a few seconds. Already ordered a replacement ECU from eBay.

Comment

Shouldn't be liquid in there - but at that year they had a tendency to leak rather badly. When replacing the ECU make sure you get the barrel transponder and key chips.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Hi there, ok so I've swapped the ECU & EDU & key & barrel & transponder & now it turns over fine but won't start. It's obviously the imboliser now. But I'm at a loss what to do now other than get the key reprogrammed which will be pennies I'm sure.

The only thing that could be an issue is I've swapped the ECU for the same one, engine & car BUT the model number doesn't match. Could that be an issue?

i took off 8973003271 12214089

Any thoughts anyone??

......please

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post

Lights wise it has no dashboard lights at all lol, it's a bit of an old banger.

Comment

Just been told by a key coder the speedo needs swapping too? Anyone heard this??

Comment

I have heard this for corsa c the clocks ecu and key are coded together

Comment

Clocks need to match

Comment

Working...
                  X