telemetric box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] telemetric box

hi. can someone please tell me where to you can plug in a telemetric box supplied by direct line insurance. the car is a 53 reg corsa sxi. cheers

I always thought they came out and fitted it for.you

Comment

Most do yes, have to be installed by a qualified fitter. Very surprised you've been given yours to do yourself
      [CENTER][FONT=arial black][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/340-my-white-x10xe-corsa-b-project.html"][COLOR=#0000ff]My Corsa B X10XE Project[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

However, what does it need to be connected too? What wires does it have? Picture would be helpful
        [CENTER][FONT=arial black][URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/340-my-white-x10xe-corsa-b-project.html"][COLOR=#0000ff]My Corsa B X10XE Project[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

direct line send you the device and it just plugs in somewhere under the dash /glovebox.

Comment

What does it actually say? Can you share pictures of the device, plug and any instructions that came with it?

Comment

This is mad, I would wire it in to some pensioners mobility scooter

Comment

I don't have the box yet. waiting to find out where it plugs in. demo can be seen on direct line web page

Comment

A little bit of effort including the link might be helpful.

And I assume that if they're posting it to you they'll include some instructions what it connects to.
                  1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I always thought they had to be wired in by an auto electrician approved by the company.If they do just send you the device to fit your self then surely it will come with instructions. I dont know of a socket that it just plugs in to but the scheme is limited to cars 1996 and later. Maybe it just plugs into a diagnostic socket and reads data from the cars ECU. Their ad mentions a possible charge for the 'plug-in'.This could mean a computer software 'plug-in' for whatever device you use to send them the data ( smart phone etc) ,not a physical plug socket on the car. I would wait and see.
                    Last edited by Bugman; 24-08-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Link is = Black Box Insurance - Using Telematics Technology | Direct Line

Having just looked at the video, it plugs into the OBD port in the fusebox. It's exactly the same as the smallish bluetooth obd readers you can get...

]OBD"]Flickr: Page Not Found by Ben Williams, on Flickr

Downside is, you wont be able to close the fusebox cover with it plugged in as it's too big. Stupid idea!

Comment

Ah, sensible idea though as saves money on install/removal

Comment

Yep, however, if the driver has that easy option of just unplugging it, how is the insurance company going to prove it?

Comment

Originally posted by BenWilliams21 View Post
                            Yep, however, if the driver has that easy option of just unplugging it, how is the insurance company going to prove it?
                            I suspect it is always connected and probably has a certain amount of power left in it to report when it is unplugged. I don't really know but I imagine they know what they're doing.

Comment

Just read an american web site that says all cars built since 1996 have an obd port 'under the steering column'. I've not much knowledge of these but have a vague recollection that many cars have two, one under the bonnet and one inside,under the dash. If it can read the ecu it can probably detect any gap in mileages etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X