Automatic problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Automatic problem

I had this on the Corsa B site not the D !!

We have a 1.4.Corsa design, 2009 Automatic. Ok today
    my lady couldn't get the car out of Park. Having scanned the internet, I managed
    to get it out of park by removing the shift lever cover and press down on the
    yellow tab. This I did and then I was able to put the "Stick" into Neutral. I
    did and yes we had gears.

Now what needs to be replaced so that I don't
    have to do this ? I was told the brake light switch is at fault, even though the
    brake lights worked. I am told this is also controls the gear release switch ? Is this
    the one located on the pedal ?? Also anybody got a part number
    ??

UPDATE .....

Ok home from work and rattled the brake light switch and I was able to get the gears but it only happened once ! Now its looking at the brake switch ????

Update - All sorted. After fitting a new brake light switch, (Not Faulty !!) it turned out to be the blue wire that goes onto the solenoid. It was intermittent and therefore the pin that fires out and releases the gears when the brake pedal is depressed, wasn't working. Simple centre console out, armed with Mr Soldering Iron and dry joint repaired. Happy Lady again....

Dave

Comment

Sorry didn't get help you were after, not many people in here have automatics. Thanks for taking time to update with the solution for future members looking for help

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
        Sorry didn't get help you were after, not many people in here have automatics. Thanks for taking time to update with the solution for future members looking for help
        Cheers for reply and I understand re automatic. We help each other, that's my moto

Dave

Comment

Shift lock solenoids are becoming more common on later model vehicles.

Comment

Working...
          X