Seatbelt Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Seatbelt Alarm

My Corsa seatbelt warning goes off intermittently. If I disconnect the seatbelt sensor circuit (at seatbelt latch) will it effect the airbag activation ?
    Just to be clear this is happening with the seatbelt on.
    Last edited by mycorsapete; 30-04-2015, 08:17 PM. Reason: vague wording. to prevent further misunderstanding

Try putting your belt on

Comment

Thank you Danny -- Yes the seatbelt is on - the warning is going off intermittently

Comment

In my car if I put weight on the passenger seat I have the seat belt alarm go off, do you find its when something is on another seat? I don't know if the Corsa D is similar in that way
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thanks jt999. This happens when someone is on the passenger seat or when the seat is empty. I'm pretty sure my problem is in the seatbelt latch. Sometimes when it goes off and I unclip and reclip the seatbelt it might not happen again for ages. Then sometimes it will be more often.

Comment

I can't be sure but I assume it would disable airbag activation - it's quite dangerous to deploy an airbag without a seatbelt from what I understand so the car would probably not set it off.

How old is the car? I'd consider having Vauxhall look at it if it's under warranty still. If not I'd look into fixing it, safety isn't something that should be taken lightly
            TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Working...
            X