aftermarket stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] aftermarket stereo

hi all I bought a 1.2 cdx 1999 the other day and the radio wiring is a little to be desired. lots of spliced wires and odd inline fuses. at the back of all this mess I can see a multi plug of some description. can this be unplugged with out loosing the radio code so that I can either change the lead and or radio. (obviously if change the radio the code doesn't matter but will cost a lot more)

many thanks
    coop

I doubt it - that plug sounds like an ISO connector (or similar) that the radio is connected to. The whole idea of the code is to stop people unplugging the stereo in your car and plugging it into another, however the stereo isn't smart enough to know which car it's sat in so once it loses power will likely lock. If you're quick you might be lucky but I doubt it.

I assume the stereo isn't stock? If it is I'd wonder why the wiring has been tampered with...

Also - if you don't have the code you might be able to obtain it. Probably a safe bet to do that in case you ever find yourself with a flat battery or something.

Comment

thanks for the reply I have bit the bullet and gone and bought a new stereo. I saw a utube video that said u need to swap the power connections. the instructions say yellow is the continuous live and red is the switched live (I think) is this right??? or do I need to switch them as per the video... will it matter if I get them the wrong way round??
      many thanks
      coop

Comment

Working...
      X