Dash board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Dash board

Got in car put key in started car but no dashboard lights. Everyone out, after about 1mile, I went over a bump in road and ALL dashboard lights came back on. Where do I start to find faults. Thanx Kev, Nott'm.

Are you sure this is a Corsa D?
    Sounds like a common issue normally found in the Corsa C

Comment

It's a Corsa sxi dti 1.7 year 02.
      The car turned over but didn't fire up. Turned off ignition got out of car locked doors and started from scratch. That took 3/4 attempts. Then it started but no speed omiter, lights or any dials working. Then going up the road everything came back on. Another mile down road the handbrake light was coming on and off at random.

Comment

Ps thanx for reply

Comment

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic I meant for the prompt reply of my 1st post.

Comment

That's a Corsa C. Common issue with them.
            Hopefully Taurus will see this and post here or someone else who's done the fix for it.
            If i remember right the plug on the back of the clocks comes loose and you use expanding foam or similar to try and hold it in place.

Comment

Thanx Hardcore.

Comment

As Hardcore says - it is a very common issue with early Corsa C models. There is a connector block behind the instrument panel that works loose and makes intermittent contact. Symptoms are intermittent instrument / dash light failure and refusal to start. Sometimes a good press on the instrument cluster will sort it temporarily. The field fix was to use an adhesive to glue the connector in place.
                1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
                X