Bulb Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Bulb Help Needed!

Ok, I'm upgrading my lights to smd's/led's. I don't want to buy cheap Chinese crap that breaks after a week, but I don't want to spend too much on them. I bought some mfd bulbs, but realised they were the wrong type Would somebody please find me some blue smd's to go in the mfd?

I'm also looking for white side lights, would these be any good? 2X T10 W5W 501 194 168 Xenon White 38 SMD LED CAR Wedge Side Light Lamp Bulb 12V | eBay
    If not, could you post an alternative?

I need orange bulbs to go in my side repeaters too, as I bought some smoked ones. Would it be worth upgrading them to smd's while I'm replacing them anyway?

Last question! Is it worth upgrading my other exterior bulbs to smd's too? (reverse lights, brake lights, etc.)
    I might start a project log for the car, but I haven't got much cash to spare on upgrades.
    Thanks in advance guys!

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 12V_Neil View Post
      Ok, I'm upgrading my lights to smd's/led's. I don't want to buy cheap Chinese crap that breaks after a week, but I don't want to spend too much on them. I bought some mfd bulbs, but realised they were the wrong type Would somebody please find me some blue smd's to go in the mfd?
      I can't remember the exact bulb type for the MFD, but hopefully someone who remembers will post here.
      It's quite difficult to get bright good quality ones. I had cheap ones there weren't very bright and poor coverage and brighter ones that were fragile in poor holders that fell to bits during fitting.
      The ones i eventually settled with had 4 x SMDs in each one and in osram holders. Will try and find / remember the site.

I'm also looking for white side lights, would these be any good? 2X T10 W5W 501 194 168 Xenon White 38 SMD LED CAR Wedge Side Light Lamp Bulb 12V | eBay
      If not, could you post an alternative?
      I'd avoid those ones. They're too long and sit too close to the dipped headlight bulb so the heat from that kills them off quickly.
      These ones are good enough to be honest

5 Best Selling T10 W5W 194 168 501 CAR 8 LED 3020 SMD Wedge Side Light Bulb Lamp | eBay

They're from China and i've used them in various cars for ages. They're the best value for money sidelight bulbs. Similar to HID 8k so white with a blueish tint.
      I usually buy 4 at a time in case any of them fail later. If you don't want to buy them from China then UK sellers sometimes stock the same design.

I need orange bulbs to go in my side repeaters too, as I bought some smoked ones. Would it be worth upgrading them to smd's while I'm replacing them anyway?!
      Nah, don't do it. I thought the same, got SMDs for them and they were terrible. Very poor coverage and just a small dot in the centre was bright and the rest dark. Amber regular 501s will be the best. You could check if a good company does amber ones as well rather than generic like Lucas, Osram or Philips.

Last question! Is it worth upgrading my other exterior bulbs to smd's too? (reverse lights, brake lights, etc.)
      I might start a project log for the car, but I haven't got much cash to spare on upgrades.
      Thanks in advance guys!
      I wouldn't. I done similar years ago and had issues with trying to match the brightness to regular bulbs and getting ones with good coverage that were able to fit in the clusters.
      The only other one i'd 100% go for is the number plate bulb so you get a clean white light. You can get a new number plate plastic lens as well for much cheapness from vauxhall so the old faded one isn't blocking out the light

Comment

I think mfd is t5 twist bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
          I think mfd is t5 twist bulbs
          Yep, just trying to find the right ones for a decent price!

Comment

Anybody know what exact bulb and fitting type I need for the side repeater?

Comment

Comment

Anybody know where I can get some blue mfd bulbs? Can't seem to find any online.

Comment

Crazyleds sell them, look tacky I think

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                    Crazyleds sell them, look tacky I think
                    Would you post a link? can't find them either lol

Comment

First result on Google is their website.

Crazyleds.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                        First result on Google is their website.

Crazyleds.co.uk
                        Ha I found the website fine, just can't find the exact ones
                        Is it this one? 1 x 12v T5 286 74 Quadzilla LED. :: 286 T5 LED :: LEDS :: Crazy LEDs

Comment

Nope has to be a twist one. That one there is the same fitment for behind the heater controls

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore View Post
                            Nope has to be a twist one. That one there is the same fitment for behind the heater controls
                            This any good?
                            1 x 12v B8.5D 509T Twistlock LED.

Comment

That's the right fitment but from my experience that type of LED is very dim.

Comment

Working...
                              X