Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bringgo" Sat Nav on the new Corsa Excite ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] "Bringgo" Sat Nav on the new Corsa Excite ....

First, hi to everyone on the forum from "Ecky". I was not sure where to post this so please let me know if its the wrong place.

I have just taken delivery of the new Corsa Excite, and was looking forward to using the built in touch screen for Sat Nav, apparently this uses "Bringgo" app. via your smart phone, however I have been very disappointed with it so far, I loaded the app (cost 83p). into my Moto G phone which is on the list as compatible, and on signing in via facebook it failed with an error code, and from then on was unusable, I sent it back for a refund.

On checking the app reviews these problems are very common, also the 83p version is a Trial for 30 daysHas anyone else had these problems?, and is there any other app that will work with the built in touch screen?,

I am very disappointed that "Vauxhall" have allowed this kind of deception from a company they are working with, I am surprised there is no mention of this product on the forum, as far as my search revealed.

Welcome. I am afraid this kind of thing is beyond me - anything that complicated is bound to go wrong. If the car is new I'd suggest going into the dealership you bought it from and ask them to get it working. After all, they've relieved you of a large sum of your hard earned cash so they might as well do something to earn it.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Just picked up my new Corsa Excite this week and thought I'd join the group. Downloaded the Bringo app onto my Samsung S3, it works fine with the phone but you can't even put a full postcode into it and to be honest the rest is pretty naff. I think I'll keep my TomTom handy. Nice car though...so far!
        Rich

Comment

Hi Rich, did you know about the 30 day trial before you tried BringGo ? It's not very well advertised, apparently it just stops connecting to the car, and the reason is explained in the website QA section, bit naughty I think, also I did not pay much more for the Garmin I have, which has traffic updates as well.

Comment

Is bringGo the only navigation app that is compatible with GM's technology? They may be the only ones to have done a deal with GM to get a mention but others may be available now,or coming soon that are better. If GM restrict rights to a limited range of apps they have a responsibility to get it sorted. If its a free market its not GM's problem.

Comment

I think at the moment they are the only app. It is built into the dashboard touch screen as the only option, perhaps somebody will provide an alternative that works, and at less cost ... time will tell ..

Comment

Sorry, I realise I asked you the same question you were asking. But its Interesting. I naively assumed they would be able to mirror in some way whatever app a compatible phone was using.If you can only use those apps pre installed on the dashboard by GM ,and you have to pay whatever price they demand if you want to use them, it is certainly a less attractive package. Especially if they are rubbish or dont work! Maybe a third party compatible app will install its own shortcut on the dashboard.

can the system be updated to a newer firmware version?

Comment

Hi Bugman, i think it is probably technically possible for third parties to design an alternative, and there is a USB in socket. I expect that could be used to update the firmware or OS but I suspect it will be a maintenance function if and when one is available.
                  The mirror idea is an easy solution if it's possible, like the Google Chromecast allows on the TV, maybe someone will take up the challenge, but then it would probably void the guarantee on the screen device, if you start downloading third party apps, unless approved of course ...

Comment

Hi Ecky,
                    No I didn't know about the trial. Only had the car two weeks now and the app still works fine but I'll check again after 30 days!

Comment

The good news is "HERE MAPS" by Nokia work ok on my windows phone, but only the audio comes through the speakers, you have to use the phone screen to view the route, this is a free app, and the maps download for offline use, so this will have to suffice, until a third party comes up with a a better cheaper solution ..

Comment

Comment

Hi AFI, I found the ongoing costs for "Bringo" buried in the FAQ on the Bringo website, in the 8 months this item has been on the forum no one has found another solution, and quite a few thousand have read it ..

regards ecky

Comment

I downloaded trial of Bringo for 16 plate corsa energy.

Did not work and email from bringgo advised it's not compatible with new corsa and to contact Vauxhaull for more info.

Have emailed Vauxhaull as I was told at point of sale it works.

Back to Google maps I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X