2001 corsa 1,2 sxi engine management light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] 2001 corsa 1,2 sxi engine management light

hi I am new to this I have a 2001 corsa c 1.2 sxi my engine management light came on and borrowed a obd 2 code reader and was telling me it was my maf mass air flow sensor so I changed it to the same one and after a day the engine management light came on again and is reading code p0170 fuel trim malfunction also sometimes when im driving the power just stop"s and noting from the accelerator I have to to slip in to neutral and rev a bit till the revs pick up then back in to gear and drive as normal could anybody advise me on this thx

Was the MAF you fitted a genuine OEM one or an aftermarket clone? If it's a clone then the P0170 code is almost certainly the MAF playing up. It is one thing which you need to replace with the genuine article.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

i got a bosh one the same as what was in the car any ideas on the loss of power whilst driving ???????? I also was told to lookat breather pipes as the top of the oil cap was creamy the bottom ofdip stick is ok oil is black I cleaned breather pipes out and still no luck would a small hole in exhaust cause this ??????

Comment

The Corsa is prone to oil emulsion forming especially if the car is used for a lot of short journeys. It is also why you need to change the oil more frequently than the manufacturer's service intervals - because those are really a sales gimmick to make people think cars are cheap to maintain. Old oil will contain more water which means more emulsion - and also what shows on your dipstick might be less oil and more water, which is why people sometimes panic when on an occasional long run the oil level drops. They think they are burning oil, in reality they are just getting the engine hot enough to evaporate the water out of the oil so the level drops.

When was it last fully serviced? Sometimes a combination of old plugs and dirty filters can get to the stage where the ECU just can't manage the engine and you get these kinds of issues.

If the breathers were blocked then expect them to block again as crud from the cam cover gets back into them again. Also expect the throttle body to be contaminated. Once the breather pipes get emulsion in them the TB usually needs cleaning and I'd remove the cam cover and clean inside there as well.

A hole in the exhaust can cause problems, especially if it's nearer the front end. That will throw the Lambda system off which since it's a feedback loop means the ECU then tried to adjust the fuel/air mix to compensate - and you get a setting which isn't going to work.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

only bought car 2 weeks ago only 88k on clock I say it needs a service found a small hole in down pipe of exhaust and in back box so a new one is on the cards thx for the help and advice

Comment

Was it a second hand maf? Or brand new

Comment

A hole in the downpipe will throw the Lambda system - give it a thorough service and fix the downpipe. The back box isn't so drastic but it's worth sorting properly.

Comment

Working...
              X