Vauxhall Corsa 12V power socket Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Vauxhall Corsa 12V power socket Question

I bought a Solar Power Charger, but on the Instructions it say the 12V power socket Question must be Active when Ignition is Turned off?

Surely all 12v Sockets are turned off?

Any idea.

Not sure on the Corsa D.
    Easy way to tell is plug something in with the ignition off and see if it works!

Comment

Doesn't seem to be, but not sure how these products work as I not about to leave the car unlocked to charge straight to the Battery connection.

Comment

Wouldn't be impossible to wire a second socket with a permanent feed. Just need some battery terminals, a socket and some appropriate wire/fuse.

Why would you want to solar charge your car though?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          Wouldn't be impossible to wire a second socket with a permanent feed. Just need some battery terminals, a socket and some appropriate wire/fuse.

Why would you want to solar charge your car though?
          HI

Due to Disabiliy's and heavy Meds, sometimes I don;t use the car for over 10 - 21 days, and with Winter setting in, the battery goes low.

Just thought this would solve the issue, but now it more complicated.

I guess only other option is, to go for the AA one which plugs into the Socket which OBD Devices use.

Comment

Fair enough.
            Yeah sounds like that may be your best option without having to modify anything.

Comment

Some newer Vauxhalls have the 12v socket permanently live - my 2010 Astra is set up like that. Great for using electric tyre pumps, pain in the bum for dash cams as it means they don't turn on and off with the ignition.

One other alternative is to invest in a CTEK intelligent charger. They have a connection which you can fit permanently to the battery, then use an extension cable to connect the charger. You can run the wire through a closed bonnet so long as you avoid any sharp edges.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
              X