Front door speaker help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Front door speaker help

Just recently brought myself a Holden SB Barina (Corsa B) GSI. It has terrible sounding speakers and I finally got around to looking at them today. There wasn't one in the drivers side at all and the one in the passenger side lets just say wasn't very pretty.

I'm now wondering how I would go about putting new ones in? I've read that you need some adapters or something like that? Doesn't really make much sense to me. Sorry

Have also read that the adapters are for 6.5" speakers while I can only find 6" ones in my local stores. Any help on making sense of all this would be great! Haha

Edit: here's a pic of the lone speaker!
    Last edited by nexusw427; 11-12-2014, 02:46 AM. Reason: picture added

Anyone?

Comment

i have pioneer 16cm ones in mine i used the original speakers and broke the middle out and used them as my adapters for my new speakers

Comment

Yes, you need adapters.
        I have some here I don't need, but since you say you have a Barina I'm guessing you're a few miles away!

http://r.ebay.com/xHHVNI
        That's what you need.
        The top bit is most important, the rings are to fit slightly smaller speakers, and the wiring is easy enough with or without the adapters.

Comment

So would it be possible to use 6" speakers with that adapter? Or will it only fit 13cm and 6.5 inches?

Comment

5.5 or 6.5 I think.

Comment

Any way of getting 6" to work preferably?

Comment

Not sure. Could use the adapter rings and cut some out I suppose. Or you might be able to get adapters that fit 6" anyway.

Comment

Yeah. Might have to get some adapters and just have a look at how they work and change them to suit.

Comment

Working...
                  X