What is it for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it for?

Does anyone know what this electrical connection is for?
    I assume it is an aftermarket fitment.
    It has 30 light duty electrical connections and a spring loaded catch to hold whatever it is that connects to it.
    It is placed on the centreline of the car, just behind the hand brake lever on my Corsa 'D'

Regards
    Click image for larger version  Name:	What is it for.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	126957Click image for larger version  Name:	What is it for.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	126958
    walksall
    'VXR' Member
    Last edited by walksall; 13-01-2022, 05:27 PM.

It looks like it could be for a phone dock of some sort, I think you used to be able to get a bit that went on that which then interfaced with the phone. Are you able to remove it to see the back? Might have something that identifies it on the back.

Comment

Its a handsfree mobile phone docking cradle. It was fairly obsolete technology even at the time. GM part number 13229988

Comment

Thanks for those replies.
        It certainly looks more 'telephoney' than anything else that I can think of, what surprises me though, is that it is O/E rather than some aftermarket device, especially as the car is equipped with Blue Tooth interface.
        Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
          Its a handsfree mobile phone docking cradle. It was fairly obsolete technology even at the time. GM part number 13229988
          £8 on eBay, I'll get 3
          GENUINE VAUXHALL CORSA D 2006 - 14 HANDS FREE PHONE CARDLE 13229988, 13187903 | eBay

Comment

Working...
          X