Burnt wires/clips under heater fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Burnt wires/clips under heater fan

My partner was complaining that her heating wasn't working on her Corsa. I took off the glove box and had a look underneath in case it was a loose wire and found 2x burnt through wires in their casing. These were underneath the fan unit on the left side.

Is this something that could be repaired myself? By replacing the burnt plastic plugs and cutting back the burnt wire? The plastic bits had some numbers on them (13560/13548) but I can't find anywhere online referencing those.

Any help would be much appreciated! Quite happy to take it to the garage if need be but wanted to see if anyone on here had any advice.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by DanS1510; 08-11-2021, 02:42 PM.

Hi lots of replacement looms on Ebay, for the Corsa heater resistor. I would change the heater resistor as well. One small bolt holding the resistor in place, in the bottom of the heater motor. You can buy the resistor with the new wiring together off Ebay.

Comment

164224433726, here's the item number from Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
        164224433726, here's the item number from Ebay.
        Thank you so much. Is it a fairly easy swap/fix in your opinion? I’m no real expert in cars and have been quoted £350 for the repair! Got a newborn baby so money is tight and I had a look to see if it’s a simple fix

Comment

Yep really easy with the glove box out. You could just use crimp connectors and tape. Or a professional job. Solder the wires together then heat Shrink over the top . What ever suits your budget and skills.

Comment

Working...
          X