Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Faulty speedometer

Hi,

I have a 1.3 Diesel 2009 that has been stored abroad for about 12 months.

Now the speedometer and the petrol guage do not work. A local mechanic suggested replacing the speedometer and I ordered a replacement from a breakers yard.

After replacing the speedometer, the car doesn't start. The car starts fine with the old one.

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Welcome to the forum. The speedometer is part of the immobiliser system. And would need coded to the vehicle.

Comment

Thank you for your kind reply. The car is in Cyprus now and I can't find a garage that knows how to fix this problem. We are taking it to the main Opel garage in Cyprus but I suspect they will want a new speedo to be ordered.

Comment

They could recode your second hand one. Its quite easy with the Opel software. But as you said they will try and sale you a new one. Which they would have to do the same process as the second hand one.

Comment

That's a really good point!

We have taken it to 3 garages so far, main Opel dealer will be the last try but I will mention that. Is this something I can do myself with something like OpCom?

Thanks again

Comment

Yeah you can do it with Op-Com. It exactly the same software as the main Dealers. But here's where the problem could be. Buying Op-Com is a hit or miss. They all say it will do this and that. But when you plug them in. Theres no programming option. I got mine from Op-Com.co.uk but that was about 10 years ago.
            Last edited by Restorer; 15-09-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Have you got the security code for the vehicle. You can't do any programming without the security code.

Comment

The car has been fixed now. The issue was due to lots of wiring being damaged. The car was stored outdoors in a field and they think that mice could have been eating the wiring.

All working fine now!

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                X