OBD 1 code reader required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] OBD 1 code reader required

Can someone please tell me where I can get a OBD1 code reader for a 1997 Corsa B 1.2llitre 8 valve i have an iCarsoft OBD2 scanner but it will not read OBD1 nor will any of the other readers I have tried over the past few years, I know about the paper clip hack but I want to get a reader to make the job a lot easier and quicker.
    Last edited by jonharnew; 28-06-2020, 10:28 PM.

I have just Googled this, and there are OBD1 scanners available, also there are adapters so that you can use your OBD2 scanner - The only problem is, I have no idea how good these items are.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for that but most of those posts divert to America and there is no Vauxhall listed. From all I have been told by Launch & iCarsoft it is the software in the scanner & certainly iCarsoft can not read obd1 nor can Autel both of whom confirmed this when I got through to their US supports who were most helpful. does anyone have a specific model that works on their car & is still available. The other problem is when you get on to these suppliers they will swear blind it works on your car & I have sent full car details with photos of chassis plate and obd port & when after you receive the unit & it doesn't work they finally get on to their tech guys who then confirm it wont work & you then have to return the thing
      Last edited by jonharnew; 29-06-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I *think* the usual option for the Corsa B was to use Opcom software with appropriate cable and a laptop - but I understand it was a bit of a pain as it was sensitive to the operating system the laptop had and wether the cable was from Opcom themselves. New versions may be better/worse, I've never used it personally but it might be worth looking into that route.
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

You are right J . OP-com would read it . But you would need an older version and a lap top running on windows 7. Even then I've had hit or miss with the Corsa B. Definitely the newer version of Op-Com only go back to 2001. If you could find someone with the official Vauxhall software called Vaux-Com that would read the corsa B . But to buy it, the Mdi and laptop would cost you about £800 - £1000.

Comment

Hi thanks for that About 10 years ago I had a scanner for my laptop that worked albeit with probs on my Mondeo Mk2&3 It came with a disk of dozens of progs but could never get it working with the Corsa although I can not remember if i tried them all on it. I have just been looking for that scanner with no luck at the moment. However I still do have the CD and have just got Vag com 311-2 & 504-1 running on a win 7 laptop I will keep looking for that scanner but if I cant find it I will have to decide whether to go for a cheap scanner on eBay and try the software on that in hope I did not use it last time

Comment

These are some shots of that software if anybody has any comments
              John

Comment

This is a list of some of the software

Comment

Up late mate . VAG - COM is for VW Cars . You will need Vaux - Com .

Comment

Yep your right up too late better scrub that its with having a Polo as well, cant see any specific Vauxhall software there will have a further investigation tomorrow. Am still going back to watching TV though.

Comment

Originally posted by jonharnew View Post
                      Can someone please tell me where I can get a OBD1 code reader for a 1997 Corsa B 1.2llitre 8 valve i have an iCarsoft OBD2 scanner but it will not read OBD1 nor will any of the other readers I have tried over the past few years, I know about the paper clip hack but I want to get a reader to make the job a lot easier and quicker.
                      Do you have the OpCom / VauxCom usb interface allready? I use an old VauxCom china clone so I can help you with that. I have X12SZ and X16XE Corsa B's. The old one includes these old NONE OBDII ecu's.

Directly my next questions: does anyone know the OBD protocol these Delco ECU's for the X16XE use?

I am also looking for Damos / Mappack / Definitions for the Delco X16XE Ecu's.. Anyone?

Niels

Comment

Hi
                        I have just found my old obd reader I got about 10or 14 years ago Its an elm super scan professional version 2.0 USB but it appears to only work with the ProScan ver 5.9 that came with it & which asks for the devices serial no before it will install. however it then it will not connect to my OBD2 at least on Polo saying drivers not installed I have obtained all the latest drivers and tried it on the win7 laptop I originally had it working on but no joy, & I never got it working on the Corsa originally.

Comment

Working...
                        X