Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non functioning intermitent wiper setting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa E] Non functioning intermitent wiper setting.

Good morning peeps, Del here just joined so i can tap into the huge wealth of knowledge on this forum. Ive just bought a Corsa E van, a Sportive CDTI 2015. Lovely van to drive but i've discovered the intermittent wipers dont work. Now im thinking that because the sensor has been covered up with a sun shade type sticker that,thats what would be wrong. Should the wipers work in intermitent setting,even if the sensor is covered up ? TIA Del

Hi Welcome to the forum

I havnt got an E but i've had a quick look at page 77 of the owners manual . If you havnt got one you can download it free from Vauxhall as a pdf fro here Corsa Owners’ Manuals | Car & Van Manuals | Vauxhall

It appears the INT position on the wiper stalk is " interval wiping OR automatic wiping with rain sensor" . I'd say ' OR' means if your van has a rain sensor you will not also have an interval wipe option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
      Hi Welcome to the forum

I havnt got an E but i've had a quick look at page 77 of the owners manual . If you havnt got one you can download it free from Vauxhall as a pdf fro here Corsa Owners’ Manuals | Car & Van Manuals | Vauxhall

It appears the INT position on the wiper stalk is " interval wiping OR automatic wiping with rain sensor" . I'd say ' OR' means if your van has a rain sensor you will not also have an interval wipe option.
      Thats how i interpreted it too. So looks like i will have to remove the sunshade film thats along the top of my screen to allow the sensor to work. Thanks for the reply, Del

Comment

Removed stick 0n sun visor strip and they are still not working. Each time you change the time interval they wipe once then dont work again until you change time interval again. Is the rain sensor replacable and easily got at behind the mirror ?

Comment

Working...
        X