Electric problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Electric problem

Hi, my 14 plate corsa d has no electrics working, no interior lights no exterior, nothing at all not even the hazard light is on. The locking system doesn’t work I have to open it manually and no doors are opening from the inside. I’ve checked the battery and it’s not flat and I see any problems with the fuses. Any help or ideas?

If there rally is NOTHING working, then the problem has to be either the battery itself, or one of the main connections.
    When you say that the battery 'is not flat' - I presume that you have checked it with a test light or voltmeter - If you have used a meter,it should be reading AT LEAST 12 volts and possibly a little higher, but it would have to be very flat indeed not to cause (say) the interior lights to come 'on'.

Suggest that you disconnect the battery (Negative terminal FIRST for safety) - then disconnect, check and clean if necessary, each of the main connections.
    When you are happy that they are all clean and tight, reconnect the battery (Negative terminal LAST for safety) and apply a smear of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to the battery terminals to prevent corrosion.

Let us know if this cures your problem.

Regards

Comment

How did you test that the battery is ok? I believe the corsa D has a main fuse on the positive battery terminal. Its in the black box on the terminal. I have had a quick external look ,but its dark and cold out there where I am. It looks like there are two heavy duty leads that are not fused. .These may go straight to the starter motor. But also a fairly heavy lead, and some trunking that may contain several smaller wires that will be fused. These may go to important stuff such the ECU that pretty much control everything. If this fuse has blown it may give the symptoms you describe. Rather than just a simple test for voltage at the battery terminals you may also need to find a way of testing that these leads are getting voltage. I dont know why this fuse might blow.

Comment

Hi my corsa 1.2 semi automatic 51 plate is not starting and is saying F on the bash board all of the other lights are coming up any idea's greatly appreciated

Comment

Suggest that you repeat your information in a NEW post, rather than tagging it onto an existing one, otherwise it may not be read by many people.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X