No announcement yet.

68 Corsa few electrical problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa E] 68 Corsa few electrical problems?

Hello,

Just bought a used 1.4T Corsa Energy, had only done 68 miles (ex-demo car), 68 reg. Already having issues after only driving it for the third time :| first time Vauxhall buyer so this is not boding well. Can someone shed light on some of these, tell me how easy to fix, and how common they are?

1) Centre dash with odometer keeps going blank for maybe a second or two whilst driving? Bit worrying and distracting, especially at 70mph
    2) Front wipers have this evening stopped working, mid-wipe while on motorway. Tried turning them off/on, turning the auto off/on. Restarted the car a couple of times, nothing. Still stuck halfway up?? The washer works fine. Rear wiper works fine.
    3) It came up with tyre pressure warning. First showing back right, then switched to back left while driving. Tyres are absolutely fine. Annoying that I canít seem to do anything with the screen while the error displays? Would like to see what it *thinks* the pressures are or even just the digital speedo would be nice!

Thanks for any input!

Hi welcome to the forum

With what is virtually a brand new car you should take it back and get them to fix it free under warranty.

Modern cars have CAN BUS electrics meaning many of the electrics on the car are controlled by computer . The wiring loom does not just act as simple electrical connections, switching off and on through conventional switches, as in the past , they also transmit computer data,in affect part of a sophisticated computer network. The tyre pressure monitoring system is also computer controlled. Can bus allows the car to do many clever tricks that were never possible in the past.

If its any consolation I think all of these problems could have the same route cause due to a glitch in the cars ECU (electronic control unit ) computer . So in effect its one fault, not several.

These systems are normally reliable and I dont think Vauxhalls are any worse than other makes in this respect. But can bus electrics are beyond my knowledge and diagnosis of problems often involves the use of yet another computer at the garage.

Incidentally I doubt a car with 68 miles on the clock was ever used as a 'demonstrator' Its probably just delivery mileage. For reasons I dont quite understand main dealers often pre register cars in their own name etc prior to sale then sell them as 'used'. Its probably to meet sales target quotas on time to ensure a good price from the manufacturers in future. Or some sort of tax/business accounting fiddle (legitimate avoidance )

Comment

Working...
    X