Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the maximum size of battery that will fit a Corsa Mk3 1.4i Design(2009)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tahmid View Post

I've had a similar problem with my Corsa recently. Very musty/mildew smell in the cabin from what seems to be the air con vents.

Note that if you're smell problem is really bad, you may need to use the air-con cleaners multiple times, e.g every 2 weeks until the smell disappears.
    Hi tahmid,

Thanks for the advice. I changed the cabin pollen filter first, thinking it was just that. When the pong returned and lingered, I cleaned out the air intakes at the base of the front windscreen, just in case something alive had crawled in there and died. Then, after the poing remained, I took note of Walksall's air con cleaner suggestion. So, that's where I'm at right now. It's only been a couple of days since I've carried out the procedure and (as you would expect) the cabin smells very strongly of the intended fragrance. The fragrance could be masking the pong but I've yet to determine if that's the case. My plan is to repeat the air-con cleaner procedure if the pong returns. Possibly with another product than Halfords own branded shizzle. I've noticed from driving around that, which-ever ingredients Halfords may use in their air con cleaner, it sticks to the back of your throat and all you can taste for an hour afterwards is this crap! It has probably done irrepairable damage to my taste bud functions as well! The guy I spoke to in Halfords said, "It says leave the car ventilating for 10 minutes after the can has stopped working. I'd leave it for at least 15 minutes." Well, I left it for approx 20-25 mins ventilating. Just to be thorough.

The mildew smell in the Corsa wasn't that bad until the warm weather arrived. It became that much greater in terms of strength and intensity that it was humiliating to open the car door(s) in public. Never had a car with this kind of problem before. Very embarrassing.
    Last edited by Exaga; 23-05-2019, 07:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The anti-bacterial air con cleaners that I have used and found successful, simply release the contents inside a closed up car with the air con running and switched to recirculate.

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
        The anti-bacterial air con cleaners that I have used and found successful, simply release the contents inside a closed up car with the air con running and switched to recirculate.
        Strange, coincidentally, as it may seem, that's exactly the type I used and how I used it.

Incidentally, the Halfords 9.99 air con cleaner seems to have done the job of getting rid of that awful stink. I've been out in the car the last few days and the intensity of the air con cleaner fragrance has lessened somewhat and there's no more malodour. However, I'm giving it at least a week before I make any final judgements on whether more action is required, or if the pong has finally been eradicated.

Comment

I'm just wondering if, as the infection is so great, you may need to give it a second treatment.

Comment

I'm just wondering if, as the infection is so great, you may need to give it a second treatment.
            Ask me that same question in 5-6 days time.

Comment

walksall "YES!" is the definitive answer. A very weak whiff of the malodour is still noticable on hot days when first entering the car and when the air-con is turned on. I've given it more than enough time to judge and, because the warmer weather has been a very hit-and-miss affair so far this summer, it's taken longer than anticipated to get to this point.

Comment

Working...
              X