Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New window linkage and new motor. Same problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walksall
    replied
    Its no bad thing to have changed the linkage - The housings are made of 'Trouble Metal' which can (and does) corrode, especially if there is salt getting in there, as in winter months.
    It is possible to re-grease them, but most people don't bother, and there is certainly nothing in the service schedule that requires this to be done.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• robb2002
    replied
    I foound out what the problem was. The new motor was defective. After all that, I could have just used the old wiper linkage but at least I know it is new now.

Pending a replacement. Watch this space.

Leave a comment:

• New window linkage and new motor. Same problem.

Hello,

I bought a new wiper motor and realised that the old wiper linkage was corroded and old. Anyway, I decided to install the new motor on it. Put everything back and it started making a buzzing noise. It was getting stuck at a certain point. Therefore, I bought a new wiper linkage and put the new motor on to it. To my amazement it is getting stuck in EXACTLY the same place. How can that be with a new motor and a new linkage?

I am so confused and I can't bare to strip down the parts again because it might rain. I will have to take it to a garage soon.

Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X