No announcement yet.

Error codes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes opening the doors will wake the system up.

Comment

Right I will have to sit in it for about 30 min to let it discharge

Comment

Hi,

The system won't go to sleep with a door open.
        you have to flick the actual door lock catch to the second closed position so the car thinks it's closed then lock with one click on the remote fob (or by the key if the car battery is to weak), it'll then take half an hour for the electrics to go to sleep.
        The ignition circuit relays are in the engine bay electrics box no.6 and 8 in the pic, fuse no.4 in the glovebox is the ignition switch fuse.

Getting back to the trouble code, it's referring to the 'L' circuit of the alternator which is the engine running signal/battery light on dash. It may be giving a false engine running signal. Does the battery light come on at ignition and go off when the engine is running?
        Did the garage check the alternator was charging the battery?? It could be a case of the alternator not charging, rather than something draining the battery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse box.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	122160

Comment

Yeh the battery light comes on when the key is in and goes away when itís running but pops on now and again the garage I put the car into was a auto electrician so I guess he would have checked that but itís possible he didnít as they said the drain was the stereo unit and charged me for finding it only for the problem still to be there

Comment

I'd personally start with the basics by checking the belt and tensioner, it could be a weak tensioner or worn belt that is slipping and not driving the alternator properly. Then move on to checking the alternator, it's wiring and connectors. If all that is good, then do a draw test.
            Did you tell the garage about the battery light coming on and off while driving and was it them who retrieved the trouble code? How long did it take them diagnose the stereo at fault?

Comment

I did tell the Garrage about the light and the code I found the code with my opcom that was the only error that was still there after clearing some other codes that was saying it was still present the garage had the car for three days they said they had to leave it to let the battery drain to see what it was doing but I donít know if they just left it there until they had spare time to look at it

Comment

I have put in a brand new battery disconnected the ignition wire left it for a hour tested the fuses and there is still power to the fuses I listed in the engine bay and under and glove box

Comment

How are you getting to the glove box with all the system asleep?

Comment

I left the windows down and after a hour I leaned in the window and tried the fuses then

Comment

Ok . I could imagine you crawling through the window lol. I would be checking for power at the sources. Eg can you reach in and work the window by its switch. After locking the car for 30mins with the window down . If you can theres something definitely not right. On some of the systems there will always be a voltage on one side of the fuse.

Comment

I have tried locking the doors with the windows down for a hour and tried the windows but they didnít work is it normal when starting the car the small info window that shows the mileage to go dull until the car starts

Comment

I installed A brand new battery and left it for three days it started ok the first two days then on the third it was dead

Comment

You've obviously got a drain on the Battery.
                            I would go back to basics. And do what Tommy suggested and do a drain testing on the battery with your meter . Set it Amps and clamp it in line with battery earth . Like remove the battery earth,place one end of your meter on the battery earth terminal and the other end on the earth clamp lead you've removed from the battery. Set to Amps you should see about 25mA . To check if its working open the door and you should see the amps go up. Don't forget if you open the door you will have to wait for the system to go to sleep. But you should see this on your meter.
                            you also mentioned that you've got OP-com.
                            What does the live data tell you for Termina L .
                            when the car is running?

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try I have just got a clamp multimeter to see if I can trace the drain I will let yous know how I get on and thatís again for taking the time to help me

Comment

Working...
                              X