Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Heater Fan Controls

HI,

Please can someone point me in the right direction for the heater control issue

We only have number 4 on the control which works. Its either full on or completly off

Im sure its been spoken about before, i did a search but couldn't find it

Thanks for your help

Andrew

check the fan resistor. it restricts the flow of current which makes the blower fan run on 1, 2, 3. when it goes out itt bypasses the resistor and the fan blows on high all the time.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information, where is the resistor located?

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew, I'm new to Corsas but I'll take a bet it's located near the blower housing box somewhere.I've read where some are located behind the glove box. Most cars it's in the blower box because the air flow keeps it cool. I've seen where the resistors goes bad sometimes because there's a leak inside the blower housing. Here's a picture of one for a Corsa D. PS Check the connection first, This is a simple fix, good luck, I hope that fixes the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bobduda View Post
          Hi Andrew, I'm new to Corsas but I'll take a bet it's located near the blower housing box somewhere.I've read where some are located behind the glove box. Most cars it's in the blower box because the air flow keeps it cool. I've seen where the resistors goes bad sometimes because there's a leak inside the blower housing. Here's a picture of one for a Corsa D. PS Check the connection first, This is a simple fix, good luck, I hope that fixes the problem.

Comment

the heater output is controlled by resistors that reduce/increase the voltage outut and increases or reduces the blower speeds ,this heats up the resistors and causes the failure as they break up. It is this very fault that caused a great many Zafiras a while back to catch fire in that area, For a long time V/X absolved them selves of it,saying it was poor repairs done by non v/x agents, untill it was shown that v/.x
            agencies had also done the modifcations to this resistor block as well.It took an online petition, from hundreds of concerned mothers to get them to admit it, and send a more effective recall to all Zafria owners to book in .for the modifations to be done.

Comment

Working...
            X