Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow plug relay location 2005 cdti corsa..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Glow plug relay location 2005 cdti corsa..

Hey hey..
    can anyone help?? My corsa 2005 cdti is having starting issues.. I replaced the glow plugs no different.. testing the feed to glow plugs on first click of key.. two glow plugs have 12.5 supply.. two have 6.4 ish supply.. can anyone tell me where the glow plug relay is? And easiest route in???

Hi Welcome to the forum

I can only go by internet searches , which you have probably already done. I didn t have much luck. Apparently its located between the fuse box and the inner wing and it seems you have to remove, or move the fuse box for access . But it sounds like you may already know that.. Sorry I have never done the job and details on how to do it seem thin on the ground.

I did see a video on you tube a while ago about removing the battery and accessing a relay by dismantling underneath somewhere. I assumed it was for the D but later found on my car at least it was in full view and really easy. . If you can find the video it might be for a C and a possible alternative.
    Last edited by Bugman; 11-02-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I think the problem is the glow plug control module. I can only see on specs a fuse (no.51) for glow plugs and no relay. The module is located under the engine electrics box. You have to unclip all the fuse boards to get underneath.
      Is it the 1.3cdti or 1.7cdti

Comment

The relay module fitted to the 1.3cdti corsa C is significantly different in appearance to the one used for the 1.3cdti Corsa D And the 1.7 cdti will probably be different again.

Comment

Hey guy's
          epic task!! Not for the faint hearted, it's located between fuse box and inner wing, I went in through the headlight.. undone fuse box bolts.. water resivoir clips.. fiddle fiddle fiddle.. it solved the issue of low voltage to two glow plugs and dash light.. but didn't solve start up issues(its an improvement)..
          im starting to suspect a very tiny air leak on the diesel system close to the engine.. scratching my head and had a gut full for today..lol..

Comment

Glad you've sorted one problem.
            Could be worn injectors. You can clamp the fuel return line as a quick test to see if it starts, if it does you'd need a leakoff test to find the faulty one/s. When was the fuel filter last changed?

Comment

It had full service recently.. which included glow plugs.. its on 62,000 and it's 1.3 2005 cdti.. I only purchased it last week and was great for less than 48hrs.. I wonder if it possibly had petrol put in it by mistake as it has big red letters saying diesel on the filler flap!..

Comment

Open the fuel filler and have a good sniff.....if your eyes sting it's diesel if you pass out it's petrol
                Another option is get yourself opcom from the likes of ebay it'll pay for itself with one scan, throw it on old laptop and check for any trouble codes and check live data.

Comment

Working...
                X