Reversing sensors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa E] Reversing sensors.

I have just bought a corsa design 1.4 reg; Feb 2018 and want to fit reversing sensors, I have been told that the car "needs to be told they have been fitted" or they won't work.
    Main dealers want £299 std charge to supply and fit , I can buy a reasonable set for around £40 so I would like to fit these myself but will I run into trouble.?

The answer is probably 'YES'!
    Auto electrics are nothing like as simple as they once were, the car being wired by what is known as CAN BUS, so unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing, it is best not to even try, or you can end up doing untold damage.

If you can find a trusted local Auto Electrician, they will probably do the work for very much less than the Vauxhall Main 'Stealers'

Regards.

Comment

You can buy cheap self contained units, although they are not always that reliable. I suppose if you wired this into say the ignition controlled 'cigarette lighter' circuit the CAN BUS may be no more likely to detect its presence than it would say a satnav or phone charger.

But I agree with Walksall Its best not to mess with modern cars with Can Bus systems. It could cause gremlins that will cost more to fix than having the job done properly in the first place.

And if its a system where you have to drill drilling holes in the bumper for sensors do you really want to do this to a 2018 car? A vauxhall approved main dealer fitted system might increase the value of the car. A DIY job and low quality system may reduce it by more than you saved. Especially if its not done well. Or it no longer works. Or the sensors look strange or have started to corrode.

Comment

A viable alternative is an aftermarket reversing camera kit. No drilling required. And only require a couple of wires connecting.
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I like Lee's thinking of a reversing camera.

Regards

Comment

Not sure if you are sorted yet, but I have just fitted parking sensors to my Daughter's Corsa C. It was a doddle to do, and makes a lot of difference. The kit was £17 from ebay, let me know if you want any more info.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments, decided to take a chance on possible wiring problems and bought a set from Halfords where the three sensors are built into a number plate mounting unit which meant no drilling,easy to fit and wire up without causing any body "butchery".

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. How do you like it? Would you recommend it? Any chance of a photo showing how it looks on a corsa E ?

Comment

Comment

Sensors not too obvious, bleeper in boot very audible. Cost £49.99 from Halfords online only,not available in shops. Very easy to fit, remove number plate,fit plate holder with sensors refit plate to holder then run wires behind bumper up into rear n/s rear light and pick up wires feeding reversing light then stick bleeper onto compartment cover with sticky patch supplied and adjust volume, 3 settings, off,low, high.Wife is very happy with results.(thatís all that matters.)!

Comment

Thanks for that, it should make the decision easier for those contemplating fitting them.

Comment

Working...
                      X