Custom lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Custom lights

Hi guys, I'm looking at the custom headlights for my corsa. On the description on it, it says not to modify these (including HID's). Now I know that would invalid the warranty for this item but, what do you guys think I should do? Should I just leave them how they are or just add the HID's to it.
    Angel Eyes. All Performance Headlights are covered by a 12 Month Warranty. Will not fit any Vehicles with Xenon Headlights fitted as standard. Black with White Halos. We are happy to help you with this process. | eBay!
    Last edited by jt999; 16-04-2018, 08:40 PM.

Using HIDs in a headlight unit not specifically designed for HIDs are now an MOT failure (well, technically from May 20th). Honestly I wouldn't risk it!

Existing halogen headlamp units shouldn’t be converted to be used with HID bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...2018-draft.pdf
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

These are only road legal and able to pass the mot because they are E marked. Assuming they really are approved, not just a far eastern manufacturer adding their own e marks to increase sales. An MOT tester will look closely at these and probably give the benefit of the doubt if its got e marks .But fit them with hids there is no doubt they will fail.

Assuming the extra heat hasnt already melted the plastic and set fire to the car ! .Try explaining that to your insurers.

Although some people cheat and refit the original bulbs just for the mot, its not a quick and easy job on a Corsa D.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
        These are only road legal and able to pass the mot because they are E marked. Assuming they really are approved, not just a far eastern manufacturer adding their own e marks to increase sales. An MOT tester will look closely at these and probably give the benefit of the doubt if its got e marks .But fit them with hids there is no doubt they will fail.

Assuming the extra heat hasnt already melted the plastic and set fire to the car ! .Try explaining that to your insurers.

Although some people cheat and refit the original bulbs just for the mot, its not a quick and easy job on a Corsa D.
        What about using a xenon bulb??

Comment

not sure about xenon. Advert says they are not suitable for cars that have xenon bulbs as original fitment. Not sure if its because they are too big, or have a different mounting, or maybe they run too hot.

Comment

I always use Xenon bulbs. I just find they're slightly whiter.
            Buy all mine from Argo City on eBay.
            The light output isn't too much different from stock (on the ST at least) but it's a nicer, whiter light.

You'll be fine with Xenon bulbs
            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
            X