VX Protect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX Protect

Recently bought a new car from Peter Vardy, went for the VX Protect. Wondering if it was worth it? Just got the detailing kit too.

Cheers

Is the VX protect the protective film on the paint?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Vauxhall Official Site™ | New Cars | Used Cars | Vans

Yea

Comment

Think it's a con personally. I remember looking into its few years back and the general opinion was that it's just another way of them squeezing more money out of a sale.
        Last edited by Lee; 11-03-2018, 04:56 PM.
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I'd need a lot of convincing. I suspect you can get the same protection by spending 10 on auto glym paint gloss sealant and 6 on Scotch guard fabric spray. If you reapply these every now and again you are more likely to spot any paint chips etc that might rust, and are excluded from the warranty anyway.
          I was offered something similar years ago with an implication I would get a better trade in value - yeah right. The warranty has exclusions for paintwork. The fabric one doesnt give specific exclusions and might offer some reassurance especially if you have kids, slobbery dogs etc. But I suspect they would still exclude some things such as spilling something viscous, oily or containing a solvent or other chemicals,fair wear and tear etc.

The warranty says lifetime (or 100K miles)but only for original purchaser of a new car and will expire at 36 months unless you remember to re register between 34 and 36 months to extend it.
          Depends if you think the 'insurance' element is worthwhile for the cost . Otherwise you are just paying over the top for readily available car care products.

I was given one of these valetting bag thingies as a freebee by Toyota when there was a recall. Nice as it was to get free polish, screen cleaner, cockpit spray etc, I cant say it really improved my quality of life carrying it in the car in a bag with a logo.

Comment

Working...
          X