Detailing the new new car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing the new new car.

Thought I'd show off a bit... picked up the new car last week...

and I'm very impressed with the refinement and build quality etc but one thing that I knew would bug me was the piss-poor effort the showrooms make when valeting the car for it's new/first owner. I was right. The whole car had been washed "on the quick" leaving hideous accumulations of a waxy substance in various places - worst of which were in the wheels...

But some good, old fashioned elbow-grease (and some cheap degreaser) sorted that little problem..

Then, some nice. cheap snow foam, followed by a clay bar session (there were a lot of metal particles and other contaminants from storage)

After another quick wash, it got dried and then polished with AutoGlym super resin (I'm oldschool) polish, done by hand - no DA witchcraft on the first detail

.....then some Ultimate shine sealer (the autoglym stuff with the gold label)

And the results speak for themselves really...

I also dressed the tyres with Megs endurance gel and gave the glass a clean and dose of rainex.

Next week, it'll get a wash and wax - either Poorbous Natty's Paste Wax or turtlewax Hardshell wax, I'll try both and see what works.

Interior - wise, it just needed a quick going-over...

I even had time to wipe the engine bay.

Comment

Have you tried using one of them G3 Clay Mitts? I'd never go back to a Clay bar after using one now.
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

I've got one and much prefer the clay bar. That said I've dropped many claybars and had to bin them, don't have that problem with the mitt
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

The mitt sounds interesting but I buy the polymer bars in bulk from China so I'm not bothered about binning them.

Comment

I find the mitt on equal terms with Clay bars, it's just far quicker which for me is the deal clincher.
            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X