• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting my first Corsa

Hi

We are picking up our new second hand corsa on Tuesday

The wife has tasked me with keeping it tip top

What cleaners and waxes do you use and recommend?

It all depends on budget and how shiny you want it to be.
    You can obviously buy fairly cheap car cleaning kits, or you can spend hundreds, probably even thousands on top end stuff.

Is the paintwork already in quite good condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

It can also depend on colour. Black and full bodied colours like dark blue take well to a shine and are worth the effort. Others ,such as silvers,greys and whites may not benefit as much.

When I used to go to car shows I used Mer Polish. You can still buy it but there are probably better products available now . I am no stranger to the pleasure of getting a high shine on my cars .

But I very rarely polish them these days. I just chose a colour that doesnt show the dirt quite as obviously. . I dont think I have polished either in at least 5 years. They still come up as shiney as new with just a thorough wash with car shampoo .I dont use wash and wax shampoo, as I dont want a wax polished windscreen.

Take a look at this review of car waxes Best car wax and car polish 2018 | Auto Express

The one that came third was Halfords own brand bog standard car polish. £3.50 The one that came 5th cost £110 !!!!! Its probably best to try a few for yourself to see if any benefits really justify the extra . You and your wife may disagree

But maybe someone whos cars looked like this this morning is not the best person to offer advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4216.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	118346Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	118347

Both cars are in Bulgaria the moment (The corsa lives there) Some is village dust, most is sahara sand which is very bad over eastern europe at the moment. Some is bee poo -about 30 hives within 50 M. The Corsa was only washed 2 days ago. The yaris was washed about a month ago. Not much different really. you can only get so dirty!
      Last edited by Bugman; 05-05-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

If you want the best result. Put aside £500/£600 and a full 7/8 hour day of cleaning to get a half decent layer of protection.

ifnyou want something under £20 donít bother is my opinion

Comment

Working...
        X