No announcement yet.

Drive Vauxhall, Bury st Edmunds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rate] Drive Vauxhall, Bury st Edmunds.

what a brilliant company, we had previously bought a new astra 1.4 in 2004 from them which they delivered down to our house in Reigate for us to see and approve,(which we did) and still own it.!
    We saw a Corsa design 1.4 auto on their site for £10.000, only 12000 on the clock and 11 months old, we asked about it and when we showed interest the salesman made a short video of it showing all aspects inside and out which really helped us to decide rather than driving 135 miles to their showroom, we said we were really interested in it and cheekily asked if they would do the same as they did in 2004 and drive it down to us to try it out and they agreed .!! on the understanding that if we bought it we would drive the salesman to the nearest railway station so he could get back home,(which we did.)
    We cannot believe that there are some companies willing to go that extra mile (or in our case, 135 miles) to sell a car when our local dealer wanted £10,500 for a 3 year old model with 35,000 on the clock!
    Amazing service, Thank you DRIVE VAUXHALL.

Originally posted by moby View Post
    what a brilliant company, we had previously bought a new astra 1.4 in 2004 from them which they delivered down to our house in Reigate for us to see and approve,(which we did) and still own it.!
    We saw a Corsa design 1.4 auto on their site for £10.000, only 12000 on the clock and 11 months old, we asked about it and when we showed interest the salesman made a short video of it showing all aspects inside and out which really helped us to decide rather than driving 135 miles to their showroom, we said we were really interested in it and cheekily asked if they would do the same as they did in 2004 and drive it down to us to try it out and they agreed .!! on the understanding that if we bought it we would drive the salesman to the nearest railway station so he could get back home,(which we did.)
    We cannot believe that there are some companies willing to go that extra mile (or in our case, 135 miles) to sell a car when our local dealer wanted £10,500 for a 3 year old model with 35,000 on the clock!
    Amazing service, Thank you DRIVE VAUXHALL.
    That sounds fantastic, hard to come by!
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thats great . its always good to find a dealer willing to make an extra effort.

But I am an old cynic and see some slight negatives to having a car brought to you. Its good to hear a car started from cold rather than when its warmed up from a 135 mile trip.

I have in the past gone to look at one car and ended up choosing another one off the same forecourt. Sometimes this had not yet been advertised and I fondly imagined I had 'snapped it up' before anyone else got the chance. .
      Its not so easy to clinch a deal by getting them to throw in freebies such as Vauxhall mats or getting them to sort out a slight fault first.

And not so easy for some people to say 'thanks but no thanks' after they have gone to all that effort.

And bear in mind they might only be willing to do it for a car that may be a slower seller due to less demand. In your case this might just be because its an automatic.

They are only slight negatives as you are buying a nearly new car from a reputable dealer, and asked them to do it. . But anyone buying an older used car should be very wary if the seller suggests they bring the car to you to have a look.

Comment

I agree, point taken, but as we have dealt with this company 14 years ago and bought a new Astra on the same terms,( bring it down to us and if we are happy then we will keep it and give the driver a lift to the railway station so they can get back home) so after watching a video prepared by the salesman and texting it to us we felt that as it had done only 12000 miles and we could see no body damage from the video and they accepted our request to bring the car to us for our approval we would save ourselves a 260 mile round trip and accept their offer, and bear in mind there is still 2 years manufacturers warranty still running we were very happy with the result, it turned out to be a very sound clean car and a sweaty to drive.
        I donít think I would do this on a much older car or one with no warranty though,
        I think this dealer is very genuine and a pleasure to deal with, my opinion anyway.
        Thanks for your observations,
        Best wishes, Moby.

Comment

Working...
        X