Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping to avoid any kind of eye surgery, especially after Lee's lovely comment above

Had to send off my Apple Watch this morning for Apple to fix it, very annoying as as far as I'm concerned, they broke it (they released an update that bricked a load, including mine). Less than a month old and now I'm expected to wait several weeks for them to deal with it as they won't simply replace it.
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

• Not just me who has dodgy eyes then, after holding my phone closer and closer to my face I finally went to specsavers, who sent me to the hospital who’ve diagnosed me with kerotacanus.

Then got another appointment for contacts, which is another month away. So three months later I still can’t see.
      Originally posted by Dave
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

• Is that an age thing Tim?

Comment

• You might laugh but I asked the doctor if it would get any worse, his reply was “no, it effects younger people yours won’t change now”.

First time one ever been called an older person by a doctor
          Originally posted by Dave
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Not just me who has dodgy eyes then, after holding my phone closer and closer to my face I finally went to specsavers, who sent me to the hospital who’ve diagnosed me with kerotacanus.

Then got another appointment for contacts, which is another month away. So three months later I still can’t see.
            Is it both long and short distance vision that's affected?
            I've been off work now for about 6 weeks.

2 weeks after the operation the lens inside my eye slipped so i lost all vision in it. I've been waiting on a 2nd surgery to try and correct it but so far it's been scheduled then cancelled twice.
            Normally i wouldn't mind all that time paid from work but my wage will drop after 3 months off, can't really read for long, still not allowed to excercise properly so no hill walking or weights and can't drive.

Just difficult to be patient, but will be worth it all in the end

Comment

• That doesn't sound great, is the lens slipping a fairly normal issue? Losing sight in an eye seems like more of an emergency than the delayed surgery suggests to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by jt999 View Post
                That doesn't sound great, is the lens slipping a fairly normal issue? Losing sight in an eye seems like more of an emergency than the delayed surgery suggests to me...
                It's annoying the way things have worked out. Poor sight for 20 years or but enough to get by. 2 weeks of great sight in one eye, and now 4 weeks of abysmal sight in said eye. It's not "completely blind" but but it's a mix of blurred shapes and colours and double vision so i've had to resort to electrical tape over one side of my glasses and use my other eye for everything,

Normally when old folks get cataracts, the original fleshy lens is inside a small capsule in the eye. The cataracts don't form until old age so everything up to then is normal. The artificial lens goes in the same capsule when they remove the clouded biological one.

But because i've had cataracts since birth and they've been growing slowly the cataracted lens has fused to the back of the small capsule. So when they removed the lens, there was a small tear in the capsule. They put in the artificial lens and was fine for 2 weeks, but now it's slipped and is hanging half in and half out the small slit in the capsule. The 2nd operation they will try and re-seat it and if it fails again they'll fit a different lens that attaches to my retina or something. If that fails then it's glasses about the thickness of my finger.

I thought that mines would be some type of emergency as well as not sure what happens if the lens falls out the capsule, but they said they needed to divert the resources to people that needed it more so no idea what's up with their eyes.

I'll just need to keep my faith in the NHS and see what happens and hope my work don't get rid of my for being off too long. Right eye is scheduled for January but i'd rather they fixed my left first so i don't end up blind with both if the same thing happens.

Comment

• The mere thought of that makes me feel slightly ill

Also, I'm considering closing this thread and starting a new one - I use Tapatalk to browse the site and this thread hasn't worked in some time as it's simply too large. Any objections? This thread will still be here but with 'Archived' in the name or something.

Comment

• None from me

Comment

• This has now been moved to a new thread.

Click here to go to the new thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X