Job searching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job searching

How do you guys find jobs? I'm looking for other jobs and don't know where to look! Are there any that are aimed at IT people?
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

I uploaded my cv to a few websites and got head hunted
    Originally posted by Dave
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    [B]"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

Comment

I don't want to do that, I want to find the job myself rather than people try to match me. I've been head hunted before and didn't like it so much.

Comment

loads of websites out there. bang your CV on them and they email jobs that match your criteria

Comment

I know you guys are saying websites, but a few examples would be lovely

I've never done this before, I'm starting off with no knowledge

Comment

Reed (has one click apply - its a job site)
            Jobsite (has one click apply - its a job site)
            Indeed (Is a job search engine, and finds a lot of duplicates as ads are placed on various job sites, can also support 1 click apply for some though).
            DirectGov
            Fish4jobs (think its ****)
            monster (think its ****).

Oilcareers for oil company based jobs, linkedin gets mentioned a lot but dont think it did me any good. I think I sent out 100's of job applications for about 3-4 interviews. Most of my failings back then were down to transport but that isnt a problem for you I guess been part of this forum

As for IT specific job sites, I did come across one but it was pointless as I recall and I cant remember its name to be honest, your more likely to find IT specific recruitment agencies/head hunters who usually find IT people (and they still post job listings all over the place).
            Last edited by Aaron; 28-08-2013, 09:11 PM.
            Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi - New Car
            Black 1.2 Corsa SXI Project - Sold
            Aruba Blue 1.0 Corsa Project - Sold

Comment

Cheers peeps

Comment

give your CV to a proper recruitment company, not just a general website, where itll get lost.

Comment

Working...
                X